New EFI from Summit - who makes it?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by FunBobby, Jan 13, 2018.

1. FunBobby

FunBobby Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    8D018BD8-CC96-4906-A30D-0947883DD799.png

Just saw the Summit branded efi - just wondered if anyone knows who is actually manufacturing it. It looks a lot like the Holley Sniper but I have no idea if it’s a Holley

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    The same China contract that makes it for Holley. Even the big names are starting to outsource. Being Summit branded I wouldn’t hesitate to try it. I think Summit would stand behind it more so then Holley would.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    I was looking at that a couple days ago. I do plan on switching in the near future and I'd kind of like to get some more feed back before I jump. All have their goods and bads and right now, for that price range, it looks like FiTech is in the lead, even with their own issues.

4. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
  5. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    I'd just go port EFI and skip the retrofit. 411 PCM, modified truck harness, Vortec timing cover, reluctor from EFI connection. Vortec distributor with a blank cap and use coil near plug with truck coils. Port EFI intakes are all over eBay. Not too difficult and far more efficient.

6. FunBobby

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    Thanks for the replies and opinions....i’ll Be doing something in a month or two, and leaning toward the Sniper right now. Maybe some first hand reviews will come out on the Summit soon

7. orkin

orkin Veteran Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Georgia
    Summit usually sells good stuff, but brand new products are brand new products. They may unknowingly involve you in the final round of beta testing, as in you help them find and workout the final few bugs.

8. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Agreed that is a good direction but it doesn't have the period correct look. This direction looks origin

9. LoweRider

LoweRider Member

Jun 26, 2017
    TX, USA
    I'm an employee at Summit. Those units are house branded FiTech systems.

NeoNeuro, FunBobby and BonzoHansen like this.
  10. FunBobby

Feb 28, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    Thanks for the info!