New 1974 Custom Camaro

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by 77camarottop, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    it was on craigslist for awhile and he said i was the only one to come look at it. i'm not going to do much to it outside of exhaust, i put a stereo in yesterday and clean up the engine area. i have the seats at my seat guy getting a few rips and seam splits fixed. going to put in a new dist. and chrome valve covers.

i got it for a very reasonable price, probably half of what the paint cost. i am going to get the paint scanned so i can fix a few chips, all in all in still looks great, especially in the sun.

2. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    The LT is a great car. Nice score, I could even live with the paint and rims for awhile I think.

3. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    GLADSTONE, MO
    I dont think it is the paint that dates it as much as the wheels in my opinion. Some 17 or 18 inch wheels would give it a whole different look. But I still like it the way it is....of course I am 42 years old...

4. 2nd gen man

2nd gen man Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2010
    michigan
  5. 77camarottop

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    lots of progress over the last three days i will post up photos when the frickin rain stops. we have gotten a ton of rain lately.

6. CapnMorgan

CapnMorgan Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Campbell, Ohio
    I like it as is also. I need your seats lol, I cant find repro's, but a local shop says they can redo mine. I was in Cincinnati not long ago, sharodsville I believe, I painted a transformer at the GE jet propulsion plant.

7. 77camarottop

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    i just had work done on both front seats and the large rear seat back. had the bolsters replaced and some seam splits fixed, etc. for original the seats are in good shape. i cleaned them up and reinstalled them.

8. imercadoz28

imercadoz28 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Kissimmee,Florida
    77 camaro

Congratulations! It is nice to see a period correct car..... enjoy your new car;)

9. 77camarottop

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    when i removed the front seats i noticed some connections in the floor and on the bottom of the seats and was curious what all that was for. i was thinking for the seat belt buzzer but seemed to elaborate for that.

any one know what all this is for, looks to be in great shape.

driver seat
    [​IMG]
    wires in drivers floor
    [​IMG]
    in seat belts
    [​IMG]