New 1974 Custom Camaro

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by 77camarottop, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    New 1974 Custom Camaro updates 1/6/2015

I just bought this car today and was not really in the market for another ride but the deal was to good to pass up and the car was much better than i thought it would be. drove it 35 miles home with hwy. driving and it did very well.

custom paint jobs are usually not my thing but this car was done right and the paint has held up very well and looks great today and was painted in 1994 by a local legend in the tri state area called "Dauber". He still goes to large events around town doing pin striping, etc. all by hand.

The body is very strait and rust free and real solid, new gm qtr.s were installed. interior is mostly original and in good shape. I installed a stereo today and new 6x9 speakers and painted the trunk and fixed some minor interior things like new door lock pulls, passenger door cup and door lock pull chrome ring. other plans are to clean up engine area, new exhaust, alignment, remove smog and plug off exhaust manifolds, tune up and drive it.

it looks much better in person than in photos, the paint was very well done years ago and still looks great today. 90K actual miles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    GLADSTONE, MO
    I like it....even though the paint is dated a little it still looks good. I really like the one piece rear spoiler on it.

3. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    man that is a NICE CAR!

I'm a HUGE fan of period correct, and that paint/wheels NAILED the early 90s!

4. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 16, 2012
    NorCal
    Great looking car! I love it ;)

5. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Love it, don't change a thing!

6. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    That's a very tastefully done Camaro IMHO. I like the Hotwheels red color paint , nicely detailed engine compartment .

These were simple reliable well built cars .

That car looks like everyday transportation if need be. I like old cars you can just jump in and drive.

That's a HIGH dollar paint job. The body is slick as glass . It looks good enough paint and body wise to be on front of a Hot Rod type car magazine . Yeah ..I love the paint scheme and wheels ......somebody knew what they were doing putting that car together

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  7. OldToys

OldToys Veteran Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Colleyville
    Very nice looks great, love the color.

8. 1320racing

1320racing Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Morehead City, NC
    I think it would be a colossal mistake to change anything!

9. twinkey

twinkey Member

Oct 26, 2014
    lisbon nd
    Very clean car. Nice find,drive and enjoy it.

10. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    I'm interested to know how much it was? I haven't been lucky enough to find a car priced too well not to buy