Need help with TR6060 in 71

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Argyros71, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Hey guys,

So I recently purchased a pullout LS3 with a tr6060 manual trans from a 2010 Camaro that I have been trying to collect all the parts for before I start the process of attempting to install it.
    Now I purchased my motor mounts along with the transmission mounts from BRP hotrods
    http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/merch...Code=BRP&Product_Code=LSX2&Category_Code=CNV2

along with the adapter needed for the standard tr6060 transmission
    http://www.brphotrods.com/products/Trans etc/index.html

My concern is that the length of the transmission will be way too short. Has anyone done this before that can help explain to me how they did it it and what needs to be done to make this work? Im too far into this already to change it to a t56 so thats not an option, so I'm looking for any advice and suggestions. My goal is to make it fit in the center console.

Also, if anyone had any recommendation on a good set of headers for this build I would greatly appreciate it since my hooker headers have been postponed over 4 months now!! :mad:

Thanks!

2. Randy 81

Randy 81 Veteran Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Loganville, Ga
    On the length concern, the TR6060 is as long as the T56, so not sure why it would be to short. Shifter is farther back on the TR, is that where the problem is?

3. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Well I wanted to try and make the shifter fit into the center console but with the TR theres a shifter plate really far forward and the control shifter really far back. Im a short guy im only 5'5 so the control shifter might be a bit too far back when im sitting in the car and the shift plate is too forward to make it fit the center console...

4. Randy 81

Randy 81 Veteran Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Loganville, Ga
    Okay, that makes sense. Unfortunately that is a downside to the TR6060, the shifter (stock position) is too far back for a 2nd gen console.

5. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Yea unfortunately, But I was wondering if you know if there are any shifters that I can put on the shifter plate location with an offset like McLeod does that might be able to help me get that location?

6. Randy 81

Randy 81 Veteran Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Loganville, Ga
    I don't know of anything, nor could I find anything available. Probably could fab a remote shifter for it, but not sure that would work with the console.

7. amargari

amargari Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Morristown, NJ, USA
    I went through this. Couple of items. You need to fabricate a shifter like I did, or use the new MGW shifter. For the driveshaft, you need to buy a custom driveshaft with a slip yoke in the shaft. Check the link here as I fully documented the process on my site.
    http://apiem.com/camaro/LS6PT320140929.asp

8. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Jan 14, 2017