Need help from 1998 Z28 owners. Bought HPP III but it's married to a '98 Z28..

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by bluzman1, Dec 25, 2017.

1. bluzman1

bluzman1 New Member

Dec 25, 2017
    and it's made for a 1997-1998 Corvette which is what I took a chance buying it for. The seller didn't know if it was married / locked and didn't have a cord for it. Got it Saturday and a cord as well and plugged it in and it shows that it's programmed to VIN#2G1FP22G5W2126415 That's a '98 Camaro Z28. Any help cpreading this around would be appreciated, I can either get it cleared from the Z28, or get it back to the Z28 owner. Didn't pay much for it on Ebay to take a chance on it being good to go, but no luck.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
  3. bluzman1

bluzman1 New Member

Dec 25, 2017
    It's a Hypertech Power Programmer (HPP) III, but this thread can be locked or closed. I tracked the original car down which would be needed to unlock or un-marry the tuner so it could be used on other vehicles, The way that is soen is returning the factory tune that's stored (married) to) the tuner. The VIN history shows the car was totaled and likely crushed in 2014.
    In any event it no longer matters as I purchased a custom tune from a 6uner guy on Corvette Forum
    https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...cow-booster-last-sale-before-summer-sale.html
    that will be custom made to get the most out of my own vehicle's current setup. It's done with an autocal device that he sends you that reads all kinds of data from the vehicle computers then he uses this self contained stand alone gadget (no computer needed), to create a custom tune that as he puts it will put a smile on your face you'll need a crowbar to remove. He says it'll give that LS1 Corvette all the real 'driver felt' power you could want and might be more than I can handle, but it comes with free future tunes for any mods I might do, like cams or headers or whatever at no charge.

4. bluzman1

bluzman1 New Member

Dec 25, 2017