Need help finding my 1971 Camaro

Discussion in 'Alabama Region' started by NED441SUZ, Jun 20, 2013.

1. NED441SUZ

NED441SUZ New Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Russell county. Al
    Ya'll know me as COLS70-73MAN.(I had to make this new account cause no matter how hard I tried I couldn't recover the password, II guess cause of the old email account I used 14 years ago) I had to sell my 71 in 2002 while going thru some bad financial stuff. I sold the car to a guy here in Columbus,Ga named DJ Jackson. The agreement was ,if he sold it to at least offer it to me first. Well, he sold it to some one in Mississippi supposedly, and never called me. He won't give me any info on the buyer. My parents, who passed some years ago, helped me get this car. If any of you know of this car, please help me. Thanks. I will answer any questions you post about it. Here is the actual ad where the guy who bought it from me sold it.
    http://columbus-georgia.olx.com/1971...-iid-137031686

2. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA
    Can't help ya on the car, but PM MadMike and maybe he can reset your password.

3. daddio4048

daddio4048 Veteran Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Valdosta,Ga.
    Shows you can't go on nobody's word anymore !

4. NED441SUZ

NED441SUZ New Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Russell county. Al
    MadMike has actually seen the car when it was mine.

5. BamaRocker

BamaRocker Veteran Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Meridianville, Alabama
    Is there any way to track down the Vin number online...???

I have never done this, so I don’t know if it is possible. If you still know it, that may help...

Whoever bought the car had to register it somewhere..
    :bowtie:

6. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    If you know someone in the police dept., give them the VIN and they can find the car. This will only work if he's registered the car in Mississippi.

7. sceld71

sceld71 Veteran Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Plain City, Ohio
    What if you go to your local BMV and ask for all the VIN's that were in your name. Or a copy of all the registrations.

8. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Billy hate to here the car was sold out from under you.

9. 70camfan

70camfan Veteran Member

Feb 11, 2000
    Gardnerville, NV
    Good Luck

Billy:

I remember the car well. I hope you are able to track it down, and bring it home where it belongs.

Bud

10. Hey G

Hey G Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2012
    SC
    NED441SUZ, call your insurance company at the time you owned it and ask them for the VIN...they may still have it on record. I did this once when I was trying to locate my second car...which I too had sold in a time of need. The insurance folks still had the VIN number.

Good luck,

G