Need advice - FI and fuel delivery

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by CHEVYTHUNDER, Mar 3, 2018.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Tanks, inc set up. is what most people seem to be going with. I did read somewhere that the Holley system is their mechanicals with a Tanks inc. tank.

Again, Team Chevelle is the best source of information on these set ups.

2. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Nov 13, 2011
    GONE
    I think these pics might be helpful for some folks. I have always wanted to get a look at the end of the fuel tank vent pipe that goes into the top of late second gen tanks (I dream big:rolleyes:). Well, I'm converting the vent to a Ford style rollover vent valve, so I de-soldered the pipe from the top of the tank and finally got to get a look at it. There is a small orifice in the end of the pipe that is approximately .050". No wonder that it doesn't make a good return line! IMG_0006 (4).JPG IMG_0004 (4).JPG

3. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

May 14, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Which vent pipe is this berg2695? I have a 72 RS/SS that I am considering converting to a sniper system. My car has a stock return line that runs along side the supply fuel line. I am considering using this stock return line as my return line because others have said they have done it with no issues. Is the line you are showing part of the charcoal canister system/EVS system or is it the actual return line that I am referring to?

4. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Nov 13, 2011
    GONE
    Yes, the pictures show a vent line that runs up to the charcoal canister on a '77. This car came from the factory with no fuel return line (no AC).