need a few more parts

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Mwilson, Oct 4, 2017.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Now that you've figured out your t /ram its time to remove it and put in its place a 8-71 blower with mech hat injection

2. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Not sure if this helps but the 12.8 at cruise is good may want to get the WOT down a bit with my setup i do shoot for 11.5. For the idle you may want to open up the idle air bleeds a bit.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

More money, more money, more money, damn rich boys change their minds more than a woman!!!!

muscl car likes this.
  4. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

no blower!!! I'm at almost 12:1 this is N/A for now maybe a 100 shot later. I'm done now I want to drive and enjoy :) and I am soooooo Broke!!! when your this close its like ok whats another $500

5. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

now at 13.5 idle seems good I had a lean spot of idle thats gone, went to 9.5 power valves an my part throttle lean spot is gone. Im at 66 front jets and 79 rears seems happy there

6. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

Holley red pump holds about 5psi steady but drops to 1-2 lbs under hard acceleration and I can feel the car nose over. I ordered the Carter Competition 14-16 psi pump I think this will do the job

http://www.jegs.com/i/Carter/180/P4601HP/10002/-1

Anyone tried this pump? A bonus it says Made in the USA!!!

muscl car likes this.
  7. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nope haven't heard anything about that particular pump !!!

This is the pump I'm getting

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIgOboqp6h1wIVDpJ-Ch1OzwNyEAQYBCABEgIVtfD_BwE

8. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Holy frick, when did you buy a Pro-Mod!!!
    That pump will feed a 700 incher & 3 stages!!!!

muscl car likes this.
  9. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

Omg that is a monster!!

10. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

OK NEW FUEL PUMP IS ON AND MAN DO I have pressure went strait to 18 psi. set the regulator down to 6.5 and I'll have to wait til tomorrow to test drive.