need a few more parts

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Mwilson, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I was nervous buying the used carbs and Its obvious the linkage has been ground out bringing the secondaries in later which may affect the timing of the accelerator pump shot? the shot is done long before they open which in my mind gives it way too much when i'm cruising or part throttle and nothing when I need it when the secondaries are opening and they replaced the secondary metering plates with 12 sizes larger jetting who knows what else they did??? I'm just ready to start fresh. I didn't really have the money either but I'm ready to get this thing done. Me and the kids will eat RAMEN & Mac'N-Cheese for the next month!

muscl car likes this.
  2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

ROTFLMAO !!

3. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I'm no expert at tuning but I seem to recall that tunnel and cross rams need to be set kinda rich down low so that they don't run way too lean at higher RPMs. Do I have that right fellas? I had some one with way more experience than I set up my cross ram and I seem to recall it being a battle to find that balance.

4. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm no expert, just the driver & check writer, but I know mine is not fat at idle.
    We got mine nice & smooth and can idle under 1000 with zero issues.
    Not bad for a big monster with zero low end, designed to run over 8000.
    There's multiple circuits and multiple air bleeds for a reason.

Mine fires right up, idles nice, and doesn't die after the burn out even with such a low idle like many do.

5. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

my idle was great my cruise was good and my WOT was good. Issue was 4 big squirters dumping gas and only 4 barrels opening then at the end I have 4 more opening and no squirt. The T-ram actually idled smoother and lower than the single 850

6. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

OMG the new 600's are amazing I have touched nothing no idle air screws no floats nothing and they run incredible

muscl car likes this.
  7. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

ok WOT is not quite a strong as the 660's but I think some jet changes will get me there. My oxygen sensor quit some I'm doing it old school for now.

muscl car likes this.
  8. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great to hear!!!! NO SPEEDING TICKETS!!!!

9. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

ok got the wideband up & running, 12.8 cruise 14.4 WOT and 15.7 Idle and I have a lean spot on light acceleration. Gonna go up to 8.5 power valves down 2 jets front and up 6 jest rear see what happens

muscl car likes this.
  10. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

Ended up 8 jets higher rear and 12.6:1

muscl car likes this.