My wife got into a car accident this morning...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 76_TypeLT, Feb 26, 2018.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hopefully is just white and not 3-stage pearl. That is a little more tricky.
    I second the high end shop estimates. Always good to get what it is worth to you, not just the insurance company.

2. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

May 3, 2004
    Tucker, GA, USA
    Glad it's working out for you!

Few weeks ago I was sitting at a red light in my '99 Grand Prix GTP. White BMW pulled up behind me. Light turned green (two vehicles in front of me). The instant I took my foot off the brake WHAM! Beemer hit the back of my car!

Motioned for him to take the right I was about to take and pull into the parking lot. I pull in, Beemer pulls in. I get out, he gets out. Asks me if I'm OK. I didn't say anything. Looked at the back of my car. Hmm, a few scratches I hadn't seen before. Walked up to look at the front of his car and HOLY SHIT! The whole front grille and hood were destroyed!

Said we'd better call the cops. His GF freaking out at that point. Cop finally gets there and the kid admitted hitting me. Said he "misjudged the traffic flow". Cop looks at our cars and said: "He hit YOU?"

2002 BMW 330 (M series) 'vert with mods. Driver 20 years old. Car owned by someone with the same last name. East Indian I think, not that it matters.

He was ticketed. His car dripping coolant at that point. It had to be towed. I left after all the paperwork was done. Had my car looked at my favorite dealership and they said nothing was wrong other than the scratches on the bumper cover! Said I could claim a new cover but I decided to just touch it up because a new cover wouldn't match.

Probably did more damage to his car than mine is worth...

3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    About a week ago, I had someone trying to miss a flooded road pull into my driveway to turn around. She ran into my car parked in my driveway. I called the police and when they showed up, took a report and so on, I figured I wouldn't bother with it as the rear cover was messed up a bit anyway. The next evening, I got a call about how it was my fault for blocking the road and blah blah blah. It turns out it was the drivers mother claiming to be the agent. The actual agent called right as I got home today. They are cutting a check to cover damages and the driver has had three claims in two weeks. She rear ended a car later that night and totaled her SUV out. She may lose her license and the insurance company has dropped her once they get her claims all settled. The total is 3/4 what I paid for my car.