My wife got into a car accident this morning...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 76_TypeLT, Feb 26, 2018.

1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    I had a 98 year old lady hit me head on several years back, she was taking her 80 year old sister home. They had a green light, but not the protected arrow and turned right into me head on. Totaled my Corvette and hurt my wife's neck and shoulders. I was looking over the driver's information that the policeman gave me at the hospital and saw that her birthday was in 1889.

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    Thankfully its just a lil bender. Yeah it sux.... but its just a car!
    I recall my DAD ... (83 now) sitting a light in his truck in FL. Punks taps his rear bumper .... dad gets out.. car load of. xxxxx start jawing (i'm 3 car back) dad eases a bit closer ... I could see it coming WHACK.... then WHACK to the punk in the back seat... I swear hes going to get shot one day. :(
    but thats HIS adjustment tool.. usually works well.

carr911 and budro6968 like this.
  3. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    lol, the damage is more substantial than what the photo shows. the door has a pretty good dent in it, the rear bumper will need to be completely replaced. The 1/4 isn’t too bad, appears to just be scarring from the other guy’s bumper. The wheel MIGHT be damaged too.

4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    There’s no way on earth these damages could be fixed for $2-300 unless someone is giving away their labor.

Blown Camaro likes this.
  5. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Whippersnapper! Get off my lawn! :D

tom3 likes this.
  6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I had some young punks Gangster types, They eased up on my rear a hit me on purpose. I was at a red light and they were just hootin and hollerin. I looked in the rear View and saw them back up and were about to try again. I was in an 89 PMD G/P. They had a Ford tempo or some model of that style. I put it in reverse and floored it. Wham. I put it in drive and the light had change to green. I hauled AZZ. I looked in the rear view and saw the driver get out and look at his front end all smashed. He raised his hands in a jester like why? I drove a couple miles to a Police sub station and parked thinking Holy S**t I can't believe I just did that. I waited a while B/C I thought they would have chased me, so I would have gotten the police involved. They never came by. So I drove about 5 miles taking all kind of turns and got home. There was only minor scratches on the little bumperettes. I never did anything like that before. I just don't know what came over me but I guess they Dicked with the wrong guy that day. I think I busted the rad so they were toast. LOL

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Just to buy paint and C/C would get in that range.

8. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I just would be watching for the punks to recognize the car and cause trouble. And, I definitely would not let wife drive it after that. Never know what they may do.

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Is she still alive?

John Wright likes this.
  10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I got rid of that car years ago.