My wife got into a car accident this morning...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 76_TypeLT, Feb 26, 2018.

1. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    ...and the other driver, an 86 year old man, didn't even know he hit her. Luckily she got his license plate number and the county sheriff went to their house and told them about it. The guy was surprised by the news. I am sure he is a nice old man but that is crazy. They have the same insurance company as us so hopefully that will help.

My wife was waving and honking at him to get his attention but he just kept on driving like nothing happened. He had his wife in the passenger seat too. They probably thought my wife wanted to rob them, lol.

Wife's car:

Other guy's truck:

2. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Southern Utah
  3. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Glad it's just the cars that were damaged and no one got hurt. My mom is 90 and still drives-reasonably well. I'm dreading the day my sisters and I have to take the keys away...she won't go quietly.
  4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

My mom drove until 88 when a fall put her in a wheel chair. Even then, I kept the car for a bit to haul her around in. The last 4 years or so, she would drive a block to the store and a block back. She had to have the battery charged regularly because she never drove it enough to charge the battery. Sometimes she would need to go farther and would have a friend drive her someplace in return the friend could borrow the car. When we finally had to sell the car, after 8 years, there wasn't one nick, scratch or ding that wasn't there when we got it. By keeping HER car available, even if she wasn't the one driving it, it eased the loss when we finally did sell it.
    The Chucker likes this.
  5. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    I saw an elderly person side swipe a railroad trestle one time, kept on driving like nothing happened. I was amazed.
  6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Before I even comment on this thread, what do you guys consider 'elderly'?
    vegas1974z28 and dave@ztech like this.
  7. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2015
    aurora, co
    Oops! At least she wasn't cruising in the Camaro at the time. And insurance payouts are quite nice. If you guys lived in CO I could fix that for $2-300 and you can use the rest for some real fun.
    It takes a brave and trusting man to hand the reigns of his beloved second gen to a member of the fairer sex, but the only time I did it we got pulled over, lol! The one girl I actually trusted and wanted to drive my Camaro was too scared and said she "knew her place" with that car. (Her words) She was cool
  8. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Hitting a little close to home? Lol :)
  9. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Get estimates at high quality BMW and Mercedes Shops

Take the insurance check and have it fixed on the cheap.....

Damage looks minimal...easy color to blend
  10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    The Camaro is my wife's car - it was built as she wanted it (if it were my car, it would have been a Firebird).

The GTO is my car - and both my wife and daughter have driven it.

I must be a very brave man, and yes I trust my wife and daughter implicitly...;)