My Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Plant Engineer, May 17, 2017.

1. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Back from the track yet?

2. Plant Engineer

Plant Engineer Veteran Member

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    Yeah. Valve covers filling up with oil and the injection was giving me fits. Made one 11.3 pass but it was falling on its face at 6000 and blowing oil smoke from the guides 2/3 of the way down the track. Pulled the injection off for good when I got home. Going to have to pull the engine in December and install flow restrictors at the back of the block and maybe change the oil pump. Not something Ive ever had to do but this time around its got to happen. Put a new Pro Systems 1050 carb on it and it runs like a dream now. Tracks down until April.

3. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    After a little diversion its back to getting ready to paint the Camaro. Shooting for March-April time frame. I have to resist the temptation to paint it semi gloss black..

[​IMG]

4. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    If it were a 55 Chevy, semi gloss black, RACE CAR YELLOW !!! is my vote

5. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    Ive got a yellow 2010 Camaro. That would be too much of a good thing :). Iv'e got a couple of gallons of Candy Red waiting .

6. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    That too, the next best race car color !!

7. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
  8. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Even better, I was goung to go with red, just never found a shade that looked red, the way I wanted red, maybe my eyes, so I when with blue, and hopefully it will be blue in a few weeks or months or........

9. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    [​IMG] Pulled the 540 out yesterday to correct an over oiling to the top end problem. Installed restrictors, changed the pump to a standard volume low pressure unit and swapped oil pans to a 7qt Moroso unit. While its out I'm going to pull the transmission and do a few things I should have done when I built the transmission initially. I'll install a new 300M input shaft and boost the line pressure a bit. I'm running it with reverse manual pattern and an internal brake and all the good internal mods have been done but it still shift a bit soft for my tastes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 12:12 AM
  10. Plant Engineer

May 17, 2017
    Washington State
    Going to look like this for a couple of weeks. Don't have all the transmission parts I need yet. Little stuff mostly but might as well get it all together now. Cant drive this thing in the winter anyway. Gets me better door access anyway. Spools on the street are fine spring through fall here but the rains have come.

[​IMG]