My new 1971 Camaro

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jkhall, Dec 5, 2017.

1. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm using 4th gen seats and front seat belts but other than that I don't think anything else from the interior will work without a lot of fabrication.

2. jkhall

jkhall New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    and here are more..

Attached Files:

3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That does look very well organized and very detailed. Thanks for posting those pics.

4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    You might want to delete that last pic you posted.

5. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Looks reasonable to me. I would approve those expenses if you worked for me. :crazy:

6. jkhall

jkhall New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    ha.. deleted it. :) yeah I fly all over the country for work.

I did go to Staples and had then scanned the whole book for project planning. it cost as much as the book to scan it. If anyone is interested PM me and I may "loan" you a copy.

7. jkhall

jkhall New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    So has anyone look at these guys yet?

http://www.nolift-motorsports.com/enginetransmission-online-store

not only selling the LSx engine, but they will do cam, advanced cam, intake, Fbody oil pan, etc extra's to your purchase. Also, it appears that if you buy the tranny from them you will get free shipping... maybe I am reading that wrong. Anyways, still debating on to just yank the 327 and dead tranny out of it and take the leap to LS. Right now if I did I would be looking at about $5k to no lift (if I used them) for the 6.0L upgraded and 4L80E. Then for Holly Fuel tank, tranny mount, Motor mounts, Radiator, and odds and ends to get it all working another 4k.

When I bought the 71 it did not have a break booster. So I need to get that and rear breaks along with supporting hardware .. thats 1k. :( vintage air is a must so still another 1500'ish. I have no interior right now as well but I saw some Mid 2nd Gen's for 2k around here I was considering buying to pillage.

and I still have the two welds, pannel aligning, and paint job. Shit, I still have 20-25k easy before I am in the clear.

What are my odds of being on the road by 1st of June?

8. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Welcome to another 71 owner. I just went through most of what youre thinking about doing here recently in the last couple years as my car is finally weeks away from being completed after a long 4 years.

I am located here in Orlando Fl and have had my car at FULL BLOWN AUTO in Winter Park fl for the last year as they have been building this for me this past year, but they also have a body shop here near by and do impeccable work. They have a ton more pics on their facebook page but you get the jist.

Hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

9. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio

Still there, and $40 in taxes for two nights. Ouch.

jkhall likes this.
  10. jkhall

jkhall New Member

Dec 5, 2017