My lowered 72 Placer Gold graduation present

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by maxpsi, Jan 11, 2009.

1. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  2. AEGIS43

AEGIS43 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Right ON, Scott! You drug her out again!

3. maxpsi

maxpsi Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Alabama
    Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Once it warms up, I plan on doing some fluid changes and getting it to the track. It's a much longer drive back to the dyno, but I do plan to dyno it at some point.

4. maxpsi

maxpsi Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Alabama
    I also purchased an adjustable modulator valve. We'll see what that does.

5. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tallahassee, FL
  6. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    Sounds like a good healthy small block

7. maxpsi

maxpsi Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Alabama
    Agreed. The only thing that stays on my mind is the fact that I did start grinding away at one of the shoulders of the connecting rods to gain clearance for the came lobe to clear the 5.7 rods. I stopped halfway through and just ordered a small base circle cam and longer pushrods. The cost of a small base circle cam and longer pushrods was worth way more than dealing with grinding, checking clearance, grinding, checking clearance. I just did not feel comfy grinding on the top of the rod bolt/shoulder.

8. maxpsi

maxpsi Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Alabama
    I made about 5 passes at the track the other week. Runs 3, 4, and 5 were the same ET with trap speed varying around 0.5 mph. I posted my best trap below. Timing is conservative. A/F seemed to hang around the mid 12s and would ramp up to a 12.8 right before a gear change. I left the trans in D. I only put it in 2nd for the burnout. TH350 is changing out of 1st and 2nd around 4k, so a Transgo shift kit seems in order. I still on the fence out using line lock to heat the tires more. I feel I got them hot enough by power braking.

[​IMG]

9. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  10. maxpsi

maxpsi Veteran Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Alabama
    I know. I know. It's been a second. My car sits in the carport untouched for months at a time. All I do lately is search and read on the forum here.