Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by J. Chris Davis, Jul 26, 2013.
Thanks! Slow progress, but progress.
Finally got the lenses cleaned up retinted red and clear coated. Once they dry I can assemble the tail lights. Here are some pictures of the lenses and then how I wired the tail lights. The two inside tail lights also function as the turn signals. I am mounting some bright white LEDs under the rear impact bar for the back up lights. I see Postimage has my pictures screwed up and not showing on here in my previous posts for some reason.
Fixed all the URL's that Postimage had changed so the pictures show again on my thread.
Got the tail lights assembled this morning. I'm pretty pleased with how they finally turned out. Going to get the back up lights wired in with the programming switch tomorrow and then I should be able to reinstall the tail lights.
Had to make a couple of spacers for the inside sockets, but they are finally on the car and done. I'll have to get some night pictures soon. Next is to get it a bath.
Not the greatest pictures, but here are some darker pictures from this morning of the tail lights.
Looks sweet man
Thanks! I think they look better than factory with the amber and clear lenses.
I really like it. So much so I am going to do the same to mine.
Thank you! Be careful what clear coat you use. I used the VHT Nite shade red and then the Dupli-color Perfect Match clear. Those two worked well together. I used the regular Dupli-color clear coat and it cracked everywhere so I had to redo it and get a different clear. At some point I will get new lenses since these do have small cracks from age. I want to seal up all the seams and make it look like one whole piece for the left and right lenses.