My 80 Z Clone (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by J. Chris Davis, Jul 26, 2013.

1. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Thanks Matt and Merry Christmas to you too!

Blu-By-U 79Z likes this.
  2. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey man. Sorry for taking so long. If you are interested PM me and we will see what we can work out man. Thanks alot for the complement.

3. J. Chris Davis

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Just a small update. I replaced all of my weather stripping with soffseal last weekend and it looks and works great so far. I never had much luck with the weather stripping I had on there before which I think was OER brand. I don't really remember. I bought it 5 years ago and put it on and it just never fit right for me. I will be selling the weather stripping I took off and maybe someone else will have better luck.

4. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Jamestown,NY
    I've been reading through your thread, it's amazing! I love the stance on your Camaro, how much did you lower it??

5. J. Chris Davis

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Thank you! Oh boy I need to try to remember now, lol. I believe I got the back lowered about 1.5 to 2 inches from where it was and the front was something like 2 to 3 inches lower from where it was before.

6. 80CamaroMod

80CamaroMod Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Jamestown,NY
    Thanks! I've been looking at some kits that are about 1.5-2 so wasn't sure how that would look. Seems like it'd be pretty close, did you do drop spindles too?

7. J. Chris Davis

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    My suspension is from Pro Touring F-Body.com. I'm running their comp front and rear suspension with comp control arms with a tall ball joint on the upper control arm. I have stock spindles.

80CamaroMod likes this.
  8. J. Chris Davis

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    Been a while since I posted. I have been working on some tuning of the engine. Adjusted the timing some, changed out my fuel spray nozzle to a larger size and added the Thompson Power Blast Plates. The Camaro is running like never before. Got it out today and drove it around a little bit. Took some pictures while I had it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thunderkyss likes this.