my 73 Camaro RS

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 73BadBob, Nov 15, 2009.

Has this build taken toooo LONG ?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2012.
  1. Yes

26.7%
  2. NO

73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 73BadBob

73BadBob Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    I've wanted a 73 Camaro since I was a teenager.(BUT I did have a cool 73 El Camino that I wished I still owned, maybe my next project.) Never could afford one. Then life and child kept me from being able to afford one. One day not far from work I saw this car sitting in someones back yard with a for sale sign. I called and made arraigements to drive it. The car needed some serious electrical work and I could tell that the paint job was not the best. After a little haggling ($3,000)I drove the car home with girlfriend on my tail because I had no lights. A few days later I had all the lights working and was able to drive it. The poor car had the orginal 350 in it and it was tired. Very little power but it was fun to drive. Finally my best friend talked me into restoring the car and the fun began. Plus a lot of dough going to this car. It will be a fun journey.

[​IMG]

on its way to the shop

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
    Yee Haw, details?

3. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

rear of car after media blast

4. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

who in the world would put a bungi cord in the qtr panel and then bondo over it to hold it together????? Now I have seen everything.

5. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

after cutting qtr away still more rust.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

and still more rust around the rear window channel..

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  7. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
  8. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

all the rust cut out of the qtr and inner fender area

9. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    well this car was never a canidate for restoring back to original. Way to many things have been changed and or missing. I am in the process of building a retro mod/ pro touring car. It will be all mosh posh of things I think look good and a lots of performance upgrades. I'm thinking about viper blue with white stripes and maybe some ghost flames in the white stripes?? I've already built the front suspension and will post a pic. Its ready to bolt up. The interior will be black with a mixture of old interior and new interior door panels and such. I love my steering wheel horn cap. will post a pic one of these days.
    let me know if you have any questions and I am sure I will keep asking them till I get this car back together.

10. 73BadBob

May 29, 2008
    san Antonio, Texas
    [​IMG]

here is the new front suspension all ready to bolt in place.. Notice it has rack and pinion steering and wilwood brakes, coil overs, all powder coated or chromed.