My 30x50 shop build.

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by lsx71, May 12, 2013.

1. lsx71

lsx71 Veteran Member

Feb 23, 2011
    South MS
    I have been working on this for a couple months now and I'm almost finished with it. Its 30x40 enclosed and 10 ft covered over the door to keep rain and what not out while i'm in there on those nasty days. It has 12 ft walls and one 12x12 door and walk in. All I really have left is to tin the back wall up and one of the side walls on the top. For lighting I put in 8- 8ft tandem lights from cooper lighting I got from lowes, I was kind of concerned with how bright it would be with not that many lights in there but at night I just about have to wear glasses with all of them on. I put 4 in the front on a switch and 4 in the back on a switch so I can only run half if need be, its actually enough light with half on to be comfortable in there. All the work we did ourselves working on it on the weekends, all the dirt and hanging the trusses and tin, only thing I had sub'd out was the slab. Before this I had never done any kind of electrical work and I managed to wire all my lights and switches and compressor up by myself. Anyways, here are some pics.
    Before I put the roof and trusses up.
    [​IMG]
    After we poured the slab and started hanging trusses.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Looks great. Myself shop is the same size. I wish I had thought to extend he concrete in front of he building like you did..

3. lsx71

lsx71 Veteran Member

Feb 23, 2011
    South MS
    Thanks man. Yeah I've had alot of people tell me they liked how I did the front extending the slab. It won't be complete though till I get my camaro in there lol got my ls1 in the blue box in the corner and the t56 behind it

4. Krator

Krator Veteran Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Going to be a great shop. Wish I had room to make mine bigger.