My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Well tonight i got the transmission unbolted from the blco and the power steering pump disconnected. Just motor mounts and a few wires and shes ready to pull. Should be out around noon. Then the fun starts. Keep an eye out for progress. -Matt

2. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Well motors out and i have been cleaning the engine bay for abuot 3 and a half hours. I am taking a break right now but will post pics in a bit. Considering going back out there for a while longer.

3. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    One of my favorite colors for late 2nd gens. I'm looking forward seeing what you do to it over the summer. I have an 81 that I'm thinking of painting the same color once I get to working on it again.

4. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the support and commnet. Well engine bay is cleaned pretty well. Still have some to do but nothing to bad. Cleaned the cowl and inside the cowl and treated the surface rust. So tomorrow i will see how good it turned out. I will post pictures when i get a chance to upload them. Still havn't gotten far on the motor yet but i need to replace some freeze plugs while im in there. Unfortunatly a few of the exhaust manifold bolts broke so i have to figure out what to do about that. But one step at a time. Will Post pics soon so stay tuned. -Matt

5. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Well here are some pics of what has been done so far. This is me (not much to look at haha) and what i spend a few hours on today. More tomorrow. Check out the pics and let me know how im doing. -Matt
    [​IMG]
    Me hard at work....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What i got done so far....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    TTT guys i got bunches of pics but no lookers lol Let me know how im doing.

7. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
  8. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
  9. Venom73

Venom73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
    What are the immediate plans now the motor is out?

10. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    new oil pump, and screen, new freeze plugs, new gaskets on the pan and the front and rear main seals. Then chrome timing chain cover. Strip and repaint the motor factory blue. Delete all the emissions vaccum hoses. I think thats it for now lol. Might have forgot somthing.