My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    That color looks really good in the sun. Have you tried to buff it out any? I know it is fading in spots but I bet what is on there would look great with a little polish on it.

2. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    tell ya the truth no i havn't but i should give it a shot to see what happens. Cant hurt, Thanks man -MAtt

3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Today i used one of the ideas from the tips and tricks forum and added it to my project. Check out the results. Here is a link if anyone else wants to do this. http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130603

Enjoy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I might have to redo the far passenger side screen because the zip ties stop the grille from sitting all the way down but for now im happy with the results.

4. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    In your pic of you holding up your vent. See the to oval shape holes w/a small hole beside them.

I drilled and put screws in those holes and it stays put & no one can tell. I was lucky enough that i had black headed screws.

I think that if you look at my post again you might be able to see what i mean.

Glad you tried it and liked it!! It do make a differance in looks a function!

Be safe!!

5. RockinZ

RockinZ Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Hey Matt, great car. she must be solid looking at that trunk floor! try and get some pics of the frame rails over the rear axle. I bet they are in great shape.

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    hey guys,
    thanks masparks,
    i did see the screws and i just might do it. Thanks for the write up. I love how it looks.
    Thanks for the comment RockinZ,
    Ill see what i can do about snapping some pics of the frame rails. I have been under there a few times and havn't seen anything then a light surface rust.

7. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Lookin good man. A little TLC goes a long way.

8. masparks

masparks Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Gas, Kansas
    Wish i had your enthusiasm! lol!! Welcome to nasty! Keep having fun!! :cool:

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Lol lifes just to short to not have any fun lol

10. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey everyone,
    its been a while since i last updated. Well summer break from school is here and its time to do some work to the camaro. I have decided to fix my oil leak and paint my motor again and the engine bay while im at it. So last night i pulled the car in the garage and started taking it apart. I have the starter, power steering pump, tranny and the motor mounts left. Im getting close. I got a bunch of paints and primers so im ready to rock. Here are some pics from last night and i will keep everyone posted on my progress. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are some of my parts that i had been talking off... The AC condensor is out and staying out. Along with the ac pump and lines. Basically im doing more AC delete.
    [​IMG]
    Ill post more pics when i get some more done to the car. -Matt