My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I'm sorry to hear about your father's diagnosis but it is amazing how much better the treatments have become so I'm sure he will do well. My wife went through breast cancer a few years back and she has made a complete recovery and is going stronger than before.

2. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Dad is doing alright. Having what seems to be muscle pains like a side stitch but other than that he's alright. His tumor is 1/3
    The size it started out as.

As far as the shop the floors didn't hold up very good but the tool boxes are looking great.

IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2349.JPG

3. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    How's it going? Any updates? I see it's been a while since you've been on here. Still loving that spoiler you made me!

4. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey man thanks for checking in. I know it's been a while and I hate that. Dads doing alright, his chemo stopped working so he is on another type of meds. I've been selling off most of my emergency light collection to help fund body and paint this year so that my dad can cruise with me in the Z. Last thing I have done to the car is installed a set of digitails. They are awesome! Things have been slow with the cold weather but it's slowly starting to warm up.

Glad you still love that spoiler. Looks great on there!

IMG_3352.JPG IMG_3353.JPG

5. J. Chris Davis

J. Chris Davis Veteran Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Dixon, IL USA
    I wish your Dad luck with the new treatment. My grandpa went through gallbladder cancer a few years ago. So far so good on that. Can't wait to see the paint job on that car. I was looking closely at the digitails lights. I just tinted my front side markers last weekend and going to get them installed later today. So what I'm going to do for now with my tail lights is tint the amber lens red with vht and then tint the whole assembly like the front side marker and get red leds to replace the amber leds I have in there now. Then I might talk to digitail in the winter and see if they can make one with red instead of amber for the turn signals. I assume those digitails are red and amber and not clear. Do the digitails come with a board for the reverse lights?

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a plan to me. I've thought about the red turn signals for some cars too. No the digitails doesn't have boards for the reverse lights I think because the diffuser is shaped so much different then just a bucket they wouldn't fit.

7. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Hey Matt! How is it going? Your dad is still allright?

Blu-By-U 79Z likes this.
  8. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey man,
    I'm doing pretty good. Dads doing a lot better. Still in the fight but way better than he was. He is only on oxygen now when he is asleep. He has been working in the yard in doing a small odd jobs for people. I'm Fightin front sheet metal alignment at the moment which is pretty frustrating but I think it's frustrating for everyone LOL. I'm still here and I'm on progress in a pretty pathetically slow but I'm really pushing to start getting somewhere again.

9. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Good! Really glad to hear things are fine moving forward for you all.

Blu-By-U 79Z likes this.
  10. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    I really do appreciate you guys checking in on us though it means a lot. I've always said this for almost like a family so thanks again.