My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    hey JHEAD55,
    im located just south of owensboro. I swapped the iroc-z to a guy from madisonville. I really am glad that he traded this car is a keeper!

More Pics:
    Interior... only cleaned the rear seats and part of the sail panels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a quick paint job on the engine to get it looking better. Then I have the chrome to put on and then im washing and repainting the engine bay. This is just an in progress shot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. jhead55

jhead55 Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Leesburg, Georgia
    Matt,
    My wife is from Owensboro. Will be there in April or May. I'm gonna steal your grille and fuel door emblems while I'm there. Seriously, the car looks great and should be an easy restore. Best of luck and keep posting pics..Jeff

3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    haha well man id rather keep the emblems lol Ill keep an eye out for some if you need them man. If you are ever around owensboro you should check out the cruise in car shows on the first 3 saturdays of april-oct. She will be there. Im trying to get her ready for the season to start. -Matt

4. 78~CAMARO~KID

78~CAMARO~KID Veteran Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville,FL
    do you plan on keeping the original paint scheme? because I think it would look sweet with a complete set of that one blue wheel I saw in the pic

keep up the good work

5. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    yea im going to keep the exterior all origional. I have all of the mags. Thats just the one side that doesn't have them both on. Ill get pics of the other side when i can. -Matt

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    well here is an update. The motor cleaning is pretty much done. Shes tuned up and runs great. Still got some stuff to do but its getting there. I got the mags on and a new windshield. Here are some new pics. -Matt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Mark80Z28

Mark80Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Ohio
    Lookin' good! Keep up the good work (and posting pics!).

8. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Well i think its time for a little update. I decided to instal the drip rails and i am happy that i did. It really finished the windows off. Also i took off the broken uppper grille and installed another junk yard find and painted it up and the headlight and turn signal bezels. Of coarse the driver bezel shattered on me but its fixed until i pick up another one. So not alot has happened but i do have some plans that are coming into shape. I have been thinking about makeing the 79 scoop a cold air intake by actually sealing the hood to the air cleaner and only allowing air to the motor through the scoop. What do you guys think abuot this? Also i should be starting body work in the next week or so. So keep an eye out for that. I have to finish a truck at the shop first them its my turn. But thats all i got right now. -Matt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sendain

Sendain New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Hey Matt!

The engine bay is looking good. Make sure to tackle the firewall for full effect. Please keep it, and the inner fenders, black. :crazy:

I noticed a missing A/C compressor. Is it pooched?

Ken

10. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    hey thanks for the comment,
    I took the AC off because it cleaned up the engine bay alot. Also when the ac compressor was still on the car it covered the valve cover so you couldn't hardly see it. So i just took the compressor off and i like it better that way. I still have the AC but its on the garage floor lol. I prefer the look without the AC. Also i plan to keep the car lookin stock. Thanks man -Matt