My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey all. Im Matt. I used to be a big third gen camaro guy but i recently traded my 86 IROC-Z for this 79 Z. I am wanting to restore it to factory spects with maybe one or two changes. Like exhaust. But anyways, I dont have many pics of it because my camera is crap and doesn't work half the time but these are the pics i have. There are no rust holes any where. It has a dent in the driver fender and quater panel and smaller dings around the car. The surface rust isn't that bad and the paint is very faded. The interior is Black with vinyl standard seats and door panels. Its got the 350 4brrl and has the TH350 tranny. The car has a 3.73 Rear end. I am in college for auto body so i will have the body fixed with no problem. Ill keep you guys updated on the resto as i progress. Also does anyone have a 79 Z with ths color combo? The bright metallic blue with blue decals? Just wondering how hard it is to come by because I looked online and only found one other factory Z with it. Thanks all -Matt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Nice lookin project Matt. Welcome aboard!

3. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Hey Matt, welcome to the board. Looks like a good solid project. Keep us posted. We all like lots of pics lol

4. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Fond Du Lac
  5. andrew1977

andrew1977 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2006
    parksvegas, BC
    awsome car! i will definetly be following the build on this car.

btw... be carefull when saying its rust free lol.... wait till you have the thing torn down to a shell, then you will see if its rust free. lol.

i bought my 80z28 thinking it had no rust... i spent like an hour looking over every inch of the car before i bought it... i didnt see any cancer rust anywhere at all. then i took everything apart and found plenty to keep me busy. lol.

post more pics! i wanna see more lol.

btw welcome to the site.

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I will get some more pics as soon as i can.

DB Z28. I love the way that Z looks man. I definatly will have to keep the factory color!

7. buckeye79

buckeye79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Crestline, Ohio
    I love the bright blue in 79, probably one of my favorite colors. Keep us posted!

8. cutty

cutty Veteran Member

Dec 12, 2008
    ontario canada
    keep us updated on progress

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    well spent about $280 bucks at auto zone getting stuff for a tune up and a dress up for the old 350. I have lots of chrome and goodies that im gonna instal. I will try and post pictures when i get them. -Matt

10. jhead55

jhead55 Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Leesburg, Georgia
    Hey Matt,
    Welcome to the board. Lots of good folks with good advice here. Where are you from in Ky? I see the plate says Hopkins County. I'm originally from Madisonville..now in south GA lovin' the weather and missin' the Cats. Jeff