My car started out as a 1981 with the awesome v6 and a 3 speed, in high school I swapped out the 3 with a 4 speed, and built a sweet (to a 16yo) 305 from another car. Last year I lost a head gasket (10 years now) so I grabbed my spare 350 and tossed it in, and absolutely hated it. Had the wrong cam, kept overheating, backfired? Popped? When decelerating and had a max rpm of 4900. Obviously not a car motor but was awesome for burnouts. This summer I was gifted a new T5 from an 88 Camaro. I was in the process of getting that into my car when I found a 2001 Yukon for $800.00, I bought it with the intent to toss the 5.3 into my car and have a “ls” swap and a 5 speed! Yes, I know t5s are weak but as I am too old (smart…?) to race on the streets, I also work for the sheriffs office so this is for cruising, and it is at least the T5 WC even the “racing spec” one. I pulled the 5.3, computer and complete harness to include the computer and fuse box and most of the wires throughout the Yukon extra wire and plugs are worth their weight in gold). Kept the fuel pump and a few other misc parts (cruise box, manifolds, all lines and wires pertaining to engine, and some I cant remember) I parted the Yukon out for 1000, of the remaining parts, so I am sitting good. I pulled out my 350, the tired Saginaw 4speed 2nd gear was going and sold it as a whole to another guy for his street truck. 1200$. I started working around and got the engine and Trans mated (see parts list) I made my own brackets for the engine adapter plates, and after numerous trails I gave up on the 5.3 pan hung too low and bought a 5.7 f body pan. I built ¾ inch setback plates. The Trans cross member is the stock one just turned around I had to cut off the angled mount on the t5 but it bolted up great. Moving to the fuel system I added a new 3/8 fuel line from the tank so I have same size there and back (in hindsight a corvette regulator would have been easier). For the fuel pump I welded a flat plat on top of the stock tank, and cut the mount from the Yukon tank and installed it with a gasoline resistant gasket and it held about 15 psi of pressure for a few hours while I was testing for air holes (obviously I re opened the stock tank vent after testing). I sent the PCM to lt1swap guy and he had it back in 3 days ready to go. I re worked my harness on his instructions and now have a 4 fuse pcm controller. The exhaust would not let me use the stock truck manifolds I was hoping for, but I bought a cheapo set of headders off ebay. The driver fit perfectly, the passenger needed about 1 inch on the cross member moved so I cut and rewelded for clearance. For the clutch I made a plate that indexes off the 621 bell housing and places the pivot ball in a stock ish location. I had to narrow the stock z bar ½ inch. Intake is a 50$ generic kit for a 2001 gmc truck just pointed toward the passenger side and fit pretty well actually. I did have to lengthen the MAF wires to get them routed where I wanted them. I also kept the stock cruise control module and have it wired into the car (yet to test it). I have to change the console shifter opening back a little bit but its pretty close now. It is currently in and running, waiting on driveshaft and I am re doing my cluster to have a better layout I can try and itemize anything you want or give more info on what I had done. I am very comfortable as a welder and builder, all of the swap can be done with a drill, small welder, grinder, and tap/die set most of all everything has to be soldiered.