Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals aka MCACN Chicago 2013

Discussion in 'Camaro Event Schedules & Locations' started by BASHTON, Feb 4, 2013.

1. dgiepss

dgiepss Veteran Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Coweta Oklahoma
    It was great to meet you this weekend and I really enjoyed talking to you after reading this post all i can say is wow and Im shocked please dont give up on your cars I think you do have the know how to build a great car so please dont let go of your dream I can pm you my number and im always there to answer a question or help you track down a hard to find part

2. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

Mar 2, 2000
    NE PA
    On that yellow '74 that's the last Nickey, are the wheels Cragar SS's, Keystone Raiders, or Fentons??? Did anyone take a pic of its write-up/information that's on the stand by the car (I'd like to read what it says)???And who owns the white 1973 Type LT? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

I'd have to agree! With the help of this board and some hard work it can happen. Just take your time, seek guidance when you need it and do one thing at a time.
    Have you started a project thread yet Iraqivet?

4. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Here is some of the pics I shot Saturday, waled all the way in and forgot my camera so i just shot a few with my phone.
    [​IMG]

I still really want a 70-73 Firebird/Trans Am
    One of the rarest Trans Am's there is, 1973 SD455 in Brewster Green
    [​IMG]

My wife really wants a black Trans Am...
    [​IMG]

Gotta love any of the Grumpy's Toy cars...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The NastyZ setup, it was great to meet you in person Mike!
    [​IMG]

Since there is already a dozen or so pics of Laine's car at the show, what could another one hurt?
    [​IMG]

5. harbone66

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I really liked this old camper at the main entrance
    [​IMG]

The barn find section was pretty cool, even smelled musty when you went through it. I thought about John and his Buick when I took this pic.
    [​IMG]

Not my thing but still neat to look at the details on a trailer queen like this one.
    [​IMG]

I cant remember what it was, just remember it was by the main entrance and it was made in 1919. The metal work on this car was amazing, looks like the original version of the tilt wheel.
    [​IMG]

6. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    Congrats to all and thanks for the pictures.

7. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Just got home after attending the MCACN....big kudos to Bob Ashton for an awesome show. I spent Friday evening, Sat and Sunday there and I still don't think I saw it all. Met up with Jon H, Mike S, Scott K, Ron L, Brian, Guy, Laine, Jim E, Chuck S, Mad Mike, Jim S, Rick...probably leaving a few out and surely missed some other members that attended. Phil Boris is great to speak with and I could have spent a whole day just listening to him talk about his experiences and interactions with the former Norwood employees. Linda Yenko was awesome to speak with...wow, just muscle car overload....but worth the trip from MD and looking forward to next year.

8. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2004
    KY
    Hey Harbone. I recognized that blue roadster as a 1919 Meisenhelder.
    It is very rare one made in PA by coachbuilder of the same name and it's a Pebble Beach Peoples Choice award winner. It's owned by Ted Stahl in Chesterfield MI. He has one helluva collection of cars, open to the public one day a week. If anyone is up for the Woodward Dream Cruize, or Greenfield Village/The Henry Museum...you gotta check out Ted's collection....

Here's a link: http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/586078,16805,0,0/photo.aspx

Stahl's Collection LINK: http://stahlsauto.com/

9. harbone66

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois

Thats the one, I spent 20 minutes looking at every detail of that car, it was just simply amazing for something made almost 95 years ago!

10. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    If I recall I think I took a picture of his sign(s). I haven't looked at any of my pictures yet and have several to post up here. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of moving the minute I returned home on Monday so give me some time.