Mounting MSD Digital 6 box

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Peter Wilson, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Peter Wilson

Peter Wilson Veteran Member

I need some suggestions on best place to mount the Digital 6 ignition box on my 71 Z . The car is a former race car but is a low milage rust free car . I just dont want to drill any more holes than I have to , in the body other than what is already there and what used to be there that I have welded in and repaired . I might have to drill some holes but want to keep it minimal and as indiscreet as possible and fixable in the future , if I ever turn the car back to a 100 point restoration . I was thinking about the front drivers inner fender where the Charcoal cannister used to sit as there are some holes already there that I could utilize to bolt a mounting plate to , but am concerned about dampness if I ever get caught in the rain with the car . I think inside the car would be best but not much room under the dash .... any suggestions ?

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

You can mount it on the firewall.Or if you want to mount it inside .You can mount it on the drivers side trans tunnel passenger foot well using a custom bracket with MSD shock mounts.

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Here is where I hid mine. Stays cool too. I ended up shortening my front water shield to 1/2 the height so I get air flow but keep water out if I get caught when it’s pissing out. BTW, when I wash the car there’s always water where the canister indentation is, so I’d stay clear of there. I thought of that side too.
    http://nastyz28.com/threads/my-homemade-msd-6al-6420-bracket.313275/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017