Motorama in Ga at AMS

Discussion in 'Georgia 2nd Gen'rs' started by Bopfly, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Bopfly

Bopfly Veteran Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Griffin, Ga
    Anyone else going to be there this weekend? I'll be there on Saturday for sure, not sure about Sunday. I'll have my '80 Z28 out there with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

I was planning to attend, but my plans were messed up last weekend so I will be spending Saturday at a car lot.

3. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    Saw that Z28 this afternoon. Nice car.

4. Bopfly

Bopfly Veteran Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Griffin, Ga
    Thanks. Too bad we didn't get to meet up. The crowd was pretty big. We had a real nice time. We used the 10% Summit discount and picked up a set of QA1 shocks and some new floor mats.

5. Bopfly

Bopfly Veteran Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Griffin, Ga
    Just a quick observation on the Atlanta Motorama. I'm sure I didn't see every car that was there but I seen most of them and have to say that the late second Gen Camaro's were very much under represented. I actually can not remember seeing another late second gen car. They even had a "corral" for Camaro's only and not a single late second gen - for whatever reason we were not directed to park there even though there was plenty of room. Lots of first, third even forth gen Camaro's and of course plenty of newer fifth gen. Overall the first gen Camaro's and 68 to 72 Chevelle's were a dime a dozen but I was disappointed that I did not see more late second gen cars.

We still had a great time and are already looking forward to next year.

If any Ga. guys know of local car shows please hit me up. I do go to Friday Night Drags at AMS a few times a year but would like to go to some different shows around the area.

6. fast12

fast12 Veteran Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Stockbridge,Ga.
    You were suppose to be directed to the Camaro area when you came in the show. They had a seperate show just for the Camaros,with awards for best 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,and 6th gens. I had the red 71 Motion Camaro at the show.
    I put on 2 shows a month at Partners II Pizza in Fayetteville on the 1st and 3rd Sat from 4-8pm. Come see us there.
    Plus we put on a Camaro/firebird show at Summit on Sept.23,2017 from 9 til 3pm.

7. Bopfly

Bopfly Veteran Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Griffin, Ga
    Wow, I wish the guys that directed us to a parking spot would have known that. There were only a few Gen II's there. I went to the Summit show last year and was told that I would place third in my class but they were only recognizing first and second place. No big deal really, just a bit disappointing. Last year I took it to Friday Night drags a few times and she placed every time - probably due to minimal competition but I still feel good going home with my little plaque. I'm in Griffin so F'ville is a bit far but I may show up one day. I have the Summit show for this year on my calendar. Maybe I'll see you there.

8. fast12

fast12 Veteran Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Stockbridge,Ga.
    I have lots of people from Griffin come to my shows in Fayetteville. It's not but 18 miles from Griffin. I drive my 71 SS with a 572 in it to Panama City. Now that's far. Come see us soon.

9. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

Did anyone take note of the 72 RS/SS big block car, sliver with black stripes?

10. fast12

fast12 Veteran Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Stockbridge,Ga.
    That was a nice car. Do you know who's it was?