Mothers Powerball for headlights

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by camarochevy1970, Feb 26, 2011.

1. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Looking for very good condition Power Ball or low priced on line vendor.....

I use to "polish"/glaze my clear coated alloy DODGE wheels...............

Thanks,

2. docnascar

docnascar Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Maryland
    I need to try this on my sentra. They look like your first pic.

3. jims73z

jims73z Veteran Member

Jul 22, 2000
    laguna niguel,ca
    I work at a bodyshop so its good clear. We've done lots of employee cars this way and the clear is just as resilient as the headlight plastics. I used to colorsand and polish but it just doesn't last the same. Once it's cleared you don't need to touch again.

4. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I got some polishing pads and used Meguiar's M95 and M105 polishes on my 2000 Civic's headlight lenses and it made them look like new. I got all this stuff for the Civic paint but decided to give it a whirl on the headlights and it worked well.

A good site for paint care products: http://www.detailedimage.com/

5. southview

southview Veteran Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Viera, FL
    i have used a d.a with 320 on some friends dodge headlamps,then finished with some 800 wet and buffed them with #3 compound.came out like new.You can sand h/lamps and t/lamps agressively if they are bag like most older dodge h/lamps are.there is enough plastic that it doesn't hurt them.Have done deep scratch in a t/lamp and had to start with a piece of 80 d.a paper then,180,320 and final 800 wet.buffed with compund and saved $180 on a new t/lamp.Don't be scared to get a little aggresive.;)