Mother's billet wheel cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Skaal-tel 79, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Skaal-tel 79

Skaal-tel 79 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2004
    CFB Petawawa, Ontario
    Hey guys just wanted to share..

It's the first time since I bought these wheels in 05 I've polished them up.
    They're Billet aluminum Centerline wheels.

These pics are one of the back wheels. Not as dusty or dirty as the fronts but it's all I could get done today.

before..
    [​IMG]

after!
    [​IMG]

All I used was mother's billet metal polish and a powerball. Old underwear rag to wipe it off after aaahahah.

Piece of cake to use and they are flawlessly clean wherever I could get the ball in.
    I'm going to get a "cone" tomorrow and see if I can get some of the smaller nooks and crannies in these complicated wheels. Some places are hard to get at even by hand.

I was even able to shine the inside of the wheel, which hasn't even been cleaned in 7 years, let alone polished.

So .. the point of this post is to say.. hey, I tried it, and it worked great :)

2. 71mgdcam

71mgdcam Member

Sep 25, 2007
    las vegas,nevada
    wow thanks for the info, i was thinking about doing the same thing on my wheels. your wheels look great

3. wayback

wayback Veteran Member

That wheel looks like new. Great work. Don't suppose you could post a pic of the powerball and cone? My Eddy 409s are starting to look dull.

4. Skaal-tel 79

Skaal-tel 79 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2004
    CFB Petawawa, Ontario
    Ask and ye shall receive:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

want them to be even shinier try using corn starch powder , use the powder right after you've wiped the wheels down with a microfiber towel .the cornstarch will pick up the remaining polish off of the wheels and also polish them to an even more brilliant shine

6. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Any way to clean that powerball after use? I did my wheels with one and it is done for! Those suckers are expensive.