mother power ball any body use one?

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by tims78camaro, Dec 15, 2009.

1. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2009
    BUFFALO, NY
    +1 I personnally have used the powerball on Alcoa's for my fire company. I love them!!! Saves my fingers!!!

I cheat tho......I apply Mother's mag and aluminum polish and then use the ball to do the dirty work. Then I remove any resdue with a clean towel. They come out great!!!

2. pokey_159

pokey_159 Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2009
    St.Louis, MO
    i have the org. big red one and it works okay. i like to do it by hand instead on my rims

3. Red 69

Red 69 Member

My aluminum wheels are in purdy good shape and I prefer to hand polish, the results are better. A buddy swears by it, but he needs to lean hard on it and the ball disintegrates quickly. It is my opinion they are overpriced for what you get.

4. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

It works ok.. not the best results and the ball and cone degrades quickly. For the price it isnt worth it.

5. bobpon

bobpon Veteran Member

Oct 16, 2006
    New Orleans,La.
    I got mine at Pep Boys, and was about the same price as at the local autorama show. I use it mostly to clean my motorcycle.

6. 69rsx33

69rsx33 New Member

Dec 29, 2007
    southeast
    I bought mine to polish my aluminum wheels. I was not impressed. I guess I was hoping to skip the good ole elbow grease step but there is nothing like that. So for best results using Mother's polish on polished aluminum wheels do it the old fashioned way.

7. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    i use the ball with mothers on my polished aluminum wheels on my gmc it does a great job and saves a lot of time

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

works great on my wheels especially after i use corn starch powder

9. speedfreak1000

speedfreak1000 Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Springfield, kentucky

how do you use the corn starch on the wheels? i had ask about polishing wheels in a thread and someone said use corn starch, do you use it dry and rub it on or add water and make a paste?

10. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

basically cornstarch removes all excess metal/aluminum polish to give the rim a very nice deep shine and the corn starch acts like a polish itself making the rims shine brilliantly

what i do is polish the rims like i would normally do using the powerball then when it looks like the metal/aluminum polish is removed sprinkle some cornstarch powder onto the rim and once again with the powerball work the powder into the rim