more Autocross!

Discussion in 'Track Day, Solo, AutoX & Sanctioned Road Racing' started by Schubitzky, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Schubitzky

Schubitzky Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Maryland
    I did 2 events last weekend. First picture is from Carlisle All GM Nationals. I won the shootout beating 13 other cars. Second picture is from SCCA National Tour in Washington DC. I finished 1st in CAM-T beating a well equipped '69 Camaro by 5.5 seconds over the two days. I'm having a fuel pump issue and it's about time to switch sides on my tires so my next event will be the SCCA CAM Challenge in Indiana in August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. APEowner

APEowner Veteran Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    A 5.5 second victory in an autocross is kicking butt! Nice job.

3. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Nov 27, 2008
    San jose,CA
    Congrats. Good looking car there

4. 02sunsetz28

02sunsetz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 8, 2004
    maryland
    Thought I'd post another pic and hijack your thread too....

Heres the winners circle with the owner of UMI Performance who sponsored the event.

[​IMG]

And another....

[​IMG]

So APE, I see you're from Albuquerque. Do you know of any 3rd gen people out that way? You can pm if you'd like.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Dickson TN.
    Thought I would hi-jack/update Mike's post
    2017 Carlisle auto cross 2nd place tougher competition and old worn out tires...excuses I know LOL but as you can see Mike was having trouble putting the power down with only one rear tire on the pavement.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. 79T/Aman

Oct 7, 2004
    Dickson TN.
    Some needed upgrades done over the winter and Mike is back to the front.winning the 2018 Carlisle auto cross event.
    [​IMG]

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Kicking azz and looking good. :)

8. 02sunsetz28

02sunsetz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 8, 2004
    maryland
    The winter time PTFB upgrades certainly helped the car. The competition is stepping up and getting tougher as well. Plus the weather ...dry practice, wet qualifying, then drying again a little in the finals.
    He did a great job driving.

9. 79T/Aman

Oct 7, 2004
    Dickson TN.
    Mike had another stellar week end, fastest car in SCCA CAM-T (Mike was also faster than CAM-C cars ;-) ) Unfortunately finished 2nd due to hitting a cone.

Attached Files:

10. Schubitzky

Schubitzky Veteran Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Maryland
    Thanks Dave! The improvement in handling, adjustability, and predictability has made this season much more enjoyable than last. I just need more seat time and learn to not hit the cones as much. I got greedy on the last slalom of my fastest run and the rear just got sideways enough to clip the last slalom cones (3 next to each other) at the finish. Should've won by a half second and ended up 14th in PAX, but driver messed up. I'll try for some redemption at a local event against the same car that beat me. And I only have to drive 3 hours total instead of 7 to get there and back!