McDonalds 2 for 5 only if you ask for it???

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Dec 31, 2017.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

I use a glance to see if I have the correct change. I have gotten Susan B. dollars by mistake and didn't realize it but usually, the years I spent working a lunch counter has done me good over the years. I very rarely use a drive up window. It's just a way to churn higher profits catering to people too lazy to get out of their cars. Yes, if you have three small children, it's handy. I stop at a doughnut shop on the way to work some mornings. I usually walk out with my order while the same cars are sitting line. This is with most of the help at the drive through window. The last time I used a drive through I was on a cane and just wanted an ice cream cone. Second car in line. Wait, and wait, and wait, then wait some more. 4 teenaged girls getting a huge order and by the time I pulled up, the line stretched around the building.

2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    I agree on the walking in, but I have noticed that in the morning at my local McD's the focus of attention is definitely on the drive thru, not the walk-ins. I have watched the counter folks walk away from a standing line to assist the folks manning the drive thru which is really annoying. I guess they figure the folks in line are just not in as much of a hurry and can wait. Probably more profit with the drive thru folks.

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I rarely ever go to McD's. I used to get the .39 cheeseburgers if I did. My Wife liked the Mc Fish. My kids don't even request it. They would rather do Wendy's even though they suck too. I try to get them to go to Publix for naked hot wings instead. They are always up for that. Way better food for for 9.99 and 20 wings. Every time I eat McD's I get clogged up for days. Not worth the price. There used to be a Checkers the kids liked where there was a Dollar menu. I would spend around 7 bucks for burgers fries and shakes 3 of each. Sometimes get double the fries. They were the cottage type. Always smokin hot.

4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I've done that, and had to argue with the person trying to give me $1.50 back.:screwup:

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    I like it when I go to the grocery and they ask if I have a card cause the change machine is down.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

All day breakfast is great. I love an egg mcmuffin. a poached egg on an English muffin.

7. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I dislike drive-throughs as well. I prefer to go in. If I feel that I'm being ignored, I say something. Though seldom a problem.

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Haven't been inside a McDonalds in years !!! , I'll stay with In N Out or Farmer Boys for great tasting Burgers !!

9. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I always specify. I figure they are either too dumb or lazy to care so i try to spell things out to a T. The 2 for 5 plus a large drink and small fries comes out to exactly $8 around here so i know if they screw up. :D

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

I was in a Wendy's once and overheard one young girl telling the other workers that drive through was important, not the counter. I called the manager over and let her know what I heard and why I wouldn't be back.

Smokey15 likes this.