McDonalds 2 for 5 only if you ask for it???

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Dec 31, 2017.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2000
    waukesha wi usa
    Since were gripein'[left lane drivers-Taiwan etc] I have to share an experience at Mcd's yesterday.On way home wife called wanted me to pick up a big mac and 10 piece nuggets which are on the 2 for $5 deal we have here,I order it and the total is $9.30?? I said the board shows them at 2 for$5 and I was told I didn't ask for it so they charge full menu price-WTF??? when I got to the window I asked the manger or assist who was taking the money [very nicely I'm not gonna rag] what up and he replied the register doesn't do it automatically and the help can't remember things like that??-I just wonder how many people just flip them the card and don't even think about the total.Things like that are why we eat at home 95% of the time-P.S. it wasn't very good-Later Steve!!

2. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Mickey D's is cardboard food anyway.

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    He's right about the help, if the register didn't tell them they wouldn't be able to make change.

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Most of the yo-yo's can't even make change without the register telling them the amount. We don't do fast food much, but Burger King doesn't do that. If it's on special, you automatically get the price.

5. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I love paying them with cash....and thinking ahead. The ash tray in my truck is full of change. If the total is $9.52...I'll pay $10.02 and watch the expression on their face. They'll look at you like you just handed them a dirty baby diaper.

carr911, PalmbchZ28, Zstar and 2 others like this.
  6. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL!

7. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2015
    aurora, co
    I know how you guys feel. I personally love McDonald's and eat there a few times a week. Here in CO since most everyone likes to smoke marijuana there has been a big shift in pre employment drug testing and lower wage jobs like fast food and grocery stores don't do it anymore, so most of the staff must be stoners.
    Plus not speaking English very well means my order is constantly screwed up. I do feel sorry for the poor schlubs that have to work there, the executives for that company get filthy rich and the workers get peanuts.

8. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Same here. I try to get rid of pennies whenever possible and there's no better place than the McDeath drive-thru.

Confusing kids with simple math....... priceless!!

carr911 and GoldenOne7710 like this.
  9. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Wish they bring back super size shakes for 3 dollars.

10. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Concord, CA
    I went to the store one time years ago and paid cash, and noticed on the screen it had fricken pictures of money and how many to give back. So 33 cents and it would show like a quarter=1 nickel=1 penny=3...I was like good god..lol

yeah back when the shakes came in the same cups the soft drinks came in?

GoldenOne7710 likes this.