Manual brakes to power

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by haroldpo6, May 19, 2017.

1. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Accord,New York
    [​IMG]
    Give Right Stuff a call and see what the say.
    You might need to piece together the parts.

I got all new brake line for my install.
    Proportioning valve is relocated to a different spot for power brakes.You might be able to modify the original lines to work.

You could try a WTB ad in the Swap Meet section

2. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    All the pics I have seen of a 1969 Camaro master/booster combo look just like the one on my 70. Maybe I have a early run 70 that got the 69 parts?

3. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    This is on a 1969 Camaro, mine looks the same except no booster.

Attached Files:

4. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    Right Stuff said I would only need the master(DBMC01) and booster(RPB1006), but would need new front brake lines(FKT7006) since the master would be moved 8" out from the firewall. Also said the 70 model was a 1 yr deal that GM went in the wrong direction. Said GM got better beginning in 71.

5. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

Dec 29, 2000
    pegram,tn.,cheatam
    Have a new ,from summit , master cyl front disc /rear drum ,and there 70-81 disc /rear drum brass looking proporshing value, i thank it also replaces the meettering valve, still in boxes , Went with 4 wheel disc brakes instead,( $60.00 + the ride for both). They been setting in ther box in plastic for 2+ years ,never have had fluid put in them. I would think they should be ok. I don't know any easy way to test them.

6. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    Thanks, but I already ordered from Summit.

7. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    Got the power brakes installed and they work great. Right Stuff was wrong, you don't need the front brake lines kit, but you will need the front to rear line or you can extend the line forward about 6" Also had to slot the 2 holes on the booster to fit the 4 studs in firewall. Also when changing from manual to power you will need a small metal piece that comes with power brakes cars to make the brake light work right, or make your own. To make this job a lot easier, your hands need to be no larger then that of a 6-8yr old.

8. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    So I have a CPP booster prop valve and master for disk disk sitting waiting to be installed on my 70 with manual brakes. What brand brake lines do you buy for the lines to reach?

9. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

May 9, 2015
    PC Fl
    You can get them from Right Stuff Detaining, thru Summit. I extended mine with some fittings from Autozone. Didn't what to wait on shipment again.
    Summit # FIN7001

Attached Files: