\m/ TOOL \m/

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by camrs73, Oct 27, 2005.

1. undertow

undertow Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Fresno, CA.
    Apc

Ugh, you suck! I haven't seen APC, my friends didn't tell me they were going to the Sacramento show last year. :mad: Oh well, I guess i'll get more chances to see them.
    Totally agree with certain types of people will appreciate it. The more albums they come out with, the bigger the fan base.

2. camrs73

camrs73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 3, 2000
    ct
    i can't wait for their new stuff. every cd is like where did they come up with this and how can it get any better. i have absolutley no doubt that they will continue to blow my mind with their new stuff. i don't think its possible for them to put out a bad cd.

3. busterswt

busterswt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 4, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    It's interesting that you mention Pink Floyd here. Early in my freshman year of HS (1995) I discovered Pink Floyd while sifting through my old man's record collection (DSOTM). After that I was hooked and collected almost all of their albums. They became my favorite band. Each one sounded so different from the others and was likeable for different reasons. It wasn't until early on in college (1999) that I discovered Tool and they quickly replaced PF in my CD player. I have all the Tool albums and the same thing can be said about them. They each have their own sound and are likeable for different reasons. PF will always be my #1, but Tool comes in a close 2nd. I don't know what it is though... if you talk to a real Tool fan they always mention their likeness for Pink Floyd. You have a great taste in music!

4. undertow

undertow Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Fresno, CA.
    Thanks!

About a couple years ago, my sister was doing a report at a State College, and she had a report to do with comparisons in music. She asked me my opinion, I told her to do it with Tool and Pink Floyd. Well the assignment said she had to pick 3 songs from each band and compare them. I'd have to ask her what songs she chose, but it was really interesting how they compare. I think the only difference between them is time.
    Since were on the subject on Pink Floyd busterswt, 2 Christmas's ago, a friend at work bought me a DVD called "Pink Floyd: Live at Pompei" Pink Floyd held a concert in one of the Greek Amphitheatre's and had a camera crew that caught the feed and made the DVD years later. They played from early morning to late night. No audience, just them. They described it as a surreal moment. Looking at their eyes, they surely were surreal lol. $15 at Tower Records, check it out ;)

5. busterswt

busterswt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 4, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    My sophomore year I traded some music for some Pink Floyd ROIO's, notably the live 1975 show where they introduced what would later become Animals. Live in Pompeii was also in there. So I have a copy of a copy of a copy on VHS, but recently I bought the DVD. It is great! Truly one of the best bands ever.