\m/ TOOL \m/

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by camrs73, Oct 27, 2005.

1. ReRod

ReRod Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    Cool vid!! So are you saying that there could be a live album coming? [​IMG]

2. undertow

undertow Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Fresno, CA.
    Yeah someday. That was more than a year ago. The last 3 performances from their last tour (Fresno, Las Vegas and somewhere) were recorded and going to be added in the DVD. They say it'll be released around the same time as the next album, which is early 2006.

If you haven't seen Tool live, here's a pic of what to expect on the DVD. The picture is at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2100422

3. ReRod

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    [​IMG] I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!1

What other bands are you into undertow?

[This message has been edited by Eve Altunes (edited October 28, 2005).]

4. cam80

cam80 Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2003
    savannah, GA USA

OK there Keanu! That's not even a real number...yet. [​IMG]

5. edland38611

edland38611 Veteran Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Byhalia, MS, USA
  6. ReRod

Sep 9, 2005
    Earth
    Rock out man [​IMG]
    Tool-Sober

7. Alex71RS

Alex71RS Veteran Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Apple Valley, CA 92307
    Best Band Ever. Period. At least in my opinion..... I hope the next disc sounds more like the Undertow and Aenima sound. Those 2 discs have lived in my car's disc changer for over 5 years, never to see the light of day! And yeah, Danny Carey can rip. He is probably one of the hardest drummers to try to "air drum" to. I guess that's what makes their stuff so special. It never follows a set rhythm and rarely ever repeats itself. Each song is a journey.
    ________
    NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. undertow

undertow Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Fresno, CA.
    Tool

I'm into alot of bands, like Rage Against the Machine, The Cure, 311, etc etc. But I mainly listen to Tool since it's more explorative like everyone here says. Plus Tool reminds me of our age Pink Floyd (which was my favorite band in High School).

Alex, I totally know what your saying. My brother, sister and I have had Lateralus in our CD player for the past couple years. Danny is awesome, he remind me of Neal Pert (Rush), jaw dropping beats that boggles the mind. The next album will be more like Aenima from what they said. Much harder this time around. I've been checking out their website lately and read about the Webmaster, which is a good friend of theirs, goes to their studio to listen to their upcoming album. He said one of their songs is a long one. Danny and Adam said it's the best song they've ever written so far. So that's good news.

I urge people to go see them live! I was a fan of theirs until I saw them for their Aenima tour, then I was hooked. It's more of an art show than a concert really. The last concert I went to, out of the 10,000 or so people, i'd say about 3,000 of them were bowing to them, especially during the Parabol/Parabola song. If you want a good taste of them, download the Tool-Parabola music video, Adam Jones did all the 3D CGI work on it. He's also known for doing the Motorcycle chase sequence at the beginning of "Terminator 2"

9. dwright406

dwright406 Veteran Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Lake Jackson Tx
    I've been a big fan since Opiate.
    I went to my first Tool concert in '97 or '98 on their Aenima tour. They played in Houston's International Ballroom, which is nothing more than an abandoned and empty K-Mart building with a stage in the back, standing room only. Maybe 300 people there, my wife and I were front row actually leaning on the stage, awesome show.
    I've seen them 3 times since and seen APC once as well. Every show is better than the last, like has been said it's more of a spiritual experience rather than a concert.

Only certain types of people can appreciate and identify with their music, and recognize that it is really more than just music.