M*A*SH Memoriam...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    Saw that earlier today. Lots of them have been gone quite a while. My all time favorite comedy. My wife gives me hell for watching it because I have seen all of episodes many times.

3. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    That was one of my all time favorite shows especially when Trapper John [Wayne Rogers] and Frank Burns [Larry Linville]was in it. I didnt realize that so many of the cast passed away.

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    I was stationed at Kunsan in 78, you kept your damn mouth shut when Mash was on.

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I don't know if I'd say folks who die in their 70's to 90's died young. I watched it sporadically in the later years but the first few seasons were more accurate on the times. They were also closer to the book and the movies. The hottest part of the war was the early to mid 50's but they had one episode where an instamatic camera was used to catch a thief. That camera came out in the mid 60's.

For everyone who says Afghanistan is America's longest war, we're still at war in Korea. There is a sort of cease fire, but no armistace.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Well, you figure the 1st episode was nearly 46 years ago....

I enjoy the Trapper years and still watch them.

Did you all notice Boss Hogg in that clip?

Buickfunnycar likes this.
  7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Holy sh!t, really. Do you mean stuff on TV isn't 100% accurate and true? Next thing you know people are going to start saying the internet isn't always right :screwup:

Mike N likes this.
  8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    I never got the "hotness" of Loretta Swit. I watched a lot of Mash as a kid. I found the later in the series it got the more preachy it was and that turned me off as an adult.

9. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Aug 1, 2012
    oak lawn, illinois
    If MASH is on, I watch it, there was a marathon on this last Saturday.

Colonial Potter is a spitting imagine of my grandfather, same kind sold, same size, and looks just like him. He died in ‘96, it’s like seeing my grandfather every time I watch mash.

10. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Loretta Swit:Not Hot...