LS Header options

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by flak monkey, Oct 26, 2015.

1. smoothyrogers

smoothyrogers New Member

Jan 7, 2014
    miami,fl
    They don't hang low at all. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the car back from the a/c shop.

2. 1977nova

1977nova Member

Jul 19, 2005
    canada
    Perfect. Thank you. I look forward to seeing them. Do you mind saying what your engine mount setup is?

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Are you using their universal shorties?

4. smoothyrogers

smoothyrogers New Member

Jan 7, 2014
    miami,fl
    Longtubes 1-7/8

5. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
    My local Bumper to Bumper had the MSD wires on the shelf so I picked them up, and they fit great. So they are definitely the way to go. A couple of the stock wires were right up against the header so I think the sleeves wouldn't protect them.

6. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    How about mid length headers....anyone running any that have no problems with wire and gain ground clearance?

7. kiser71z

kiser71z Member

Feb 14, 2011
    York, PA
    Does anyone know what problems Hooker may be having? I ordered the Hooker Competition Mid-Length Header - Ceramic Coated GM LS 2nd Gen (Camaro/Firebird) Tube Size 1-7/8", Collector Size 3", Port Shape: round back in April. The shipment has been delayed numerous times and the new shipment date is Jan. 31, 2018. I can't get any info from Hooker (Holley). The only reason I selected the Hooker headers is because I bought all of the other Holley custom fit gen 2 parts for an LS conversion. Any info would be helpful. In addition, any suggestions to use instead of the Hooker headers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tpichevy likes this.
  8. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Boise id
    What headers are you running Smoothyrogers?

9. 20781LS

20781LS New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    I'll m looking to use those mounts. I wasn't aware the shift the engine towards the driver's side. Im going to be running the super t-10 . I wonder if that will interfere with the z-bar in the clutch linkage?