Loyal Owners

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by eighty_ICE'dZ, Aug 22, 2003.

1. 75 400 4 Speed

75 400 4 Speed Veteran Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Jefferson City, MO
    Well, I was born in 55. So, at 50 I must be in the old fart catagory. I sure don't feel old yet. As for the love of Camaros, mine runs the entire spectrum as you can see by my sig. I do have a preference for my 75 though. I have owned it since 1984.

------------------
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!
    Click Here: Our Cars

69 SS 350 4 Speed
    75 400 4 Speed
    93 Z28 6 Speed

2. Bad 406

Bad 406 Veteran Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Canada
    I've had four second gens and one third gen. My first was a 73 coupe when I turned 15 then I sold it to buy a 73 LT and that car went to Camaro heaven a few yrs later. :-( When I was 17 and had a pretty good job I bought myself a 80 Z28 4spd car that I had for about 4yrs before it when to Camaro heaven.
    After the Z I was starting to fall in love with the 3 gen Camaros especially the IROC! I went on a hunt and found myself a 87 with the 5.7 tuned port injected engine, man what a fun car! After about 3yrs with that car I sold it to my boss and bought a 86 Cutlass Supreme that I hot rodded.
    Now I am 35 and had the itch to get another Camaro. I bought a 70 RS that I am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on.

I am Camaro addicted,
    Greg

3. towhog

towhog Veteran Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Oak Harbor Wa.
    Heck I got you all beat by two years. Not sure thats a good thing. And I still love the camaro

4. Chuck78

Chuck78 Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Geez, I've been driving 10 years (I'm 27), and I'm on my 4th second gen. My dad, who has owned many GTO's/LeMans'/Tempests since his high school days in the late 60's, took me to look at "some old Camaro for $50" when I was 17. The guy said timing chain broke, he can't get it to run and feared the worst. It was a 78. He heard it crank over, and as soon as he listened to it for a second, he jumped up and said "SOLD!" All it needed brakes, tires, a tuneup, and a missing vacuum hose on the tranny! After towing it home, he looked at me and said, "son, how do you like your first car?"

Drove that for 8 years, 6 as a daily driver. Towards the end, it was getting rusty, needed quarters (ohio winters), and I found a clean 81 6 cyl body. I was gonna transfer all parts over until I scraped off all the undercoating and found the frame looked like swiss cheese even though the quarters were clean. Still made my money back on it in parts.
    Then got a real clean 81 Z28 project car, started saving parts for that. A guy I knew through work was trying to sell his 70 Camaro project car, so I went to look at it just for the heck of it. Thought about buying it, but it really sparked my interest in 70-73's, so I looked around til the right deal found me - a 71 RS/SS former 396 car that was very clean other than some surface rust from sitting outside in the hot sun for years oxidizing the paint.

Well, that sums it up. My second gen addiction was sparked merely on coincidence... Good thing I never sprang for the Chrysler Conquest (same as Mitsubishi Starion) down the street for $2500...

Now one of these days I'm gonna have a really sweet street machine if I can ever find the time to finish it. Still just a gigantic pile of parts enough to nearly build a whole new Camaro out of!

------------------
    '71 RS/SS project: full roller 406sbc / 9.76:1 w/ E-Tec Al. heads / 750 Competition AFB / big 4 whl discs, 1-5/16 VSE ft & 1" Rancho adj. rr sway bars / 4 speed 3.23 posi / 81 Z28 & dual snorkel vette Air Induction

[This message has been edited by Chuck78 (edited June 26, 2005).]

5. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    Only ever had one Camaro, in fact the only other Camaro I've ever ridden in is Frank A's 99 and Sue A's 91. Never ridden in another 2nd Gen.
    My 73 has been a big part of my life for the last 3 years. I've had 2 people ask if I would sell it. No, not at this point, it just can't be bought.

------------------
    73RS/LT/427

6. JJZ28

JJZ28 Veteran Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Kalamazoo, MI USA
    When I bought my 79 Z in 1999, it was just something to keep a motor attached to the wheels. The thing has really grown on me. Almost everyone hates the color (medium green I think, see profile for pic) except me. It's different. It would take a lot for me to get rid of this car.

7. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

70 rs/ss,72,77rs,79,79z28,80z28,81berl.,82 berl.,86,96rs,99z28,2001 Im loyal!

8. kstripes

kstripes Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 4, 2005
    Margate,FL,USA
    79 Z28,80 berlinetta,91 S10 Pick Up and 2002 Traiblazer.The only time I drove a ford was because they were given to me by my brother. I would never buy a ford I'm a Chevy fan since I can remember.