Low-Optioned '74 Z-28 Pix

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by Jet, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Jet

Jet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I dug up some pix of my '74 Z when I bought it back in 1991. It was basically stock except for the wheels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I added Centerlines shortly thereafter....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. Polanjl

Polanjl Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 27, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    Strange that it didn't come with a spoiler on the back

3. CamaroNmotion

CamaroNmotion Veteran Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    That was an $77 option.

4. 3504SPD

3504SPD Veteran Member

Looks kind of neat without the spoiler.

5. Polanjl

Polanjl Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 27, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    My 74 didn't have one when I got it, but then again it started life out as a 6-cyl with a 3-spd on the floor.

6. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    I knew a girl couple years ahead of me in high school. Her father ordered a Z28 that was every bit this plain. It was brown , no spoilers, nothing to give it was a z28 away. He took off the z28 fender emblems and pull 350 or Camaro emblems on......really nothing to give the identity away. He put Type LT rally's on it . lOl.....I walked by the car everyday , but never dreamed it was a Z28.

About five years out of high school, my cousin called me , wanted to go look at a Camaro on a used lot.

It was the brown Camaro from my high school.days. We went to check it out , he said you won't believe it without seeing it. This was about 1981.

Sure enough, we poped the hood and there was the L82 engine, correct HI Per emissions label. The salesman confirmed it was real , meaning he checked the vin.

That brown car had no tach , column shift , no console , no spoilers., emblem removed . No AC, no power options ....just plain base interior and after market radio. ...... No exactly a girls car. She got something with more creature comfort. But she drove it three years in high school. And I never suspected that car was anything but a 6 cyl ...... I never cared enough to even go look at it .

My medium red Z 28, with chrome mags, big meats, hi jacker shocks, spoilers and decals stood out in the parking lot of student cars. This one was just hidden.

Her father was a car buff and friends with the local dealer owners family.

Guess it's a Honda today.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  7. 74Z boy

74Z boy Member

Mar 3, 2001
    North Carolina
    Did you put the Z-28 sticker on the back?

8. Jet

Jet Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No, that is the way it came.

9. 74Z boy

74Z boy Member

Mar 3, 2001
    North Carolina
    Ive seen a maroon 74 Z-28, no rear spoiler, with large broadcast hood and trunk stickers. The trunk stripe has the Z-28 designation at the bottom. The spoiler covers it up otherwise.

10. VetteMan06

VetteMan06 New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Miami
    In 1976 I had a 1974 type lt Z28. It was bright yellow with the decals on hood and trunk deck lid and it did not have a rear spoiler. My friend had a 1974 white base Z28 that he bought new and it had the front and rear decals but no rear spoiler as well. His was a dealer screw up because the salesman from Miami wrote "apoiler" and the factory deleted the spoiler. My friend was pissed but he kept the car without the rear spoiler anyway:)

Jorge