Low mile 1971 Z/28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by GOLD Z/28 71, Feb 19, 2012.

1. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
  2. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    I sure hope this is not true ( two gas pedals) :eek: , thats embarrassing to realize...

Would the line move so fast that two could be installed or let go, not even a blind installer could miss that , if it really happpened , I can only believe it was deliberate joke on the parts of more than one individual to see it though.

As a buyerI would have never accepted the car on delivery to the dealer, I would have made them fix it one way or the other. Surely ever person saw this at the dealer, transport, final inspection . Why would you leave it like this from any standpoint back then , it was a new car , not a collectable.

3. 70COPO

70COPO Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio
  4. Bob R

Bob R R.I.P 11/20/16 Staff Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I can see that this topic has got a little heated to some degree. So lets put things into perspective. If 70Copo and COPO say they have seen this car, then you can take it to the bank. I wouldn't believe just everybody on the BB however I do believe these two fine gentlemen. I have known 70COPO for going on 14 years now. He has always been "spot on". He has always been my "Go To" guy when I have had a problem sorting something out.

COPO I have never met. At least not that I think I have. Unless that was Mark at the MCACN show this past November that Dino and I barged right into his display and commandeered two chairs so we could park ourselves for a few minutes. Was that you Mark?

These kind of things do not happen very often but I believe that they did from time to time. I don't believe the Fish Tail about a Big Block being used into a Z28 instead of it's LT1 but I am open about a lot of other things.

Now about the book. Yes there is a book coming. How do I know? I have seen parts of it. So I consider myself lucky in that regard. It is very informative and has some great pictures that will be valuable to all the purist amongst us. When it comes out, you will be glad that it did. Phil has put a lot of time into this project.

I look at this as when Alan Colvin came out with his first book. Everyone thinking to themselves "Is he nuts", "Do I really need that?" Then shortly there afterward they realized they are glad they purchased it. And the others as well.

Bob R

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Rob, no it wasn't.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. 70L34

70L34 Veteran Member

Jan 6, 2004
    British Columbia
    This thread has the potential to surpass the "L78/TH400" & the "temperature sending wire asphalt coated loom cover" threads for sheer entertainment. - Dale

7. 70COPO

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio

I have to agree. The threads you mention allow the mostly silent majority of people on the board - to see how a select minority can behave both good and bad. :bowtie:

8. White81Z

White81Z Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2004
    NY
    Holy christ how many pedals can you fit under the there??? Does the passenger side have a set as well? :confused:

Trying to get wide open throttle would be a bitch. lol

Rick H.

9. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    don't be silly , the passenger had a yoke ! its like a carnival ride in there .

10. 70COPO

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio
    I asked him about that. He said with the z28 pedal disconnected there was no issue driving the car