Low mile 1971 Z/28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by GOLD Z/28 71, Feb 19, 2012.

1. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    so you took a picture off your TV and want me to belive its factory ? find someone to buy your book dude ! prove anything you say ? a car with two gas pedals ? gm would have been sued a million times over . look at Toyota with their gas pedal problems . what ? Ralph Nader and lawyers didn't exist in the early 70s . the credibility of this website is compromised with peoples egos . i may be a person with a key board , but your just full of shat . lay all your shocking speculation on us , but damn , you better be able to give us your GM or and car company employee identification number or some proof that you were part of the car assembly process .

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. 70COPO

70COPO Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio
    No I just watched it on video..it's a standard base D-80 4 speed Not an RS

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    What are you smoking twozs. I saw the same thing at the Camaro Natl's on a 70 Z28 4-spd orig owner. Photo of the car above, find the owner. You are a piece of work twozs. LMFAO

I've forgotten more than some people know. Yes, and I did work in the GM Plant.
    You should stop while your ahead before it comes around and bites you.

Seem like some 72's made it with the floor mounted pedal. See http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202813#post1645590

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    "really , you saw it" ! two gas pedals ? stop . who cares about your opinion ( and thats all it is ) . what ever you've seen , you discredit this site with unsubstantiated nonsense . but thanks for your time . you think I'm a piece of work ? nice ! prove anything you say . sorry you've been taking it on the chin about this thread , but don't take it out on me . ( baby)

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    That makes it 2.

6. 70COPO

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio

I am doing the book specifically because I needed to understand factory assembly anomaly issues of which the two pedal car is a premere example...how did it get built and under what conditions.

My qualifications come directly from the source. I do the research they tell me what happened some of it is funny!

http://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6211035326/m/3421025236

Trust me these guys know their employee identification numbers:

http://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6211035326/m/7931040036

7. 70COPO

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio
    One more thing... I have researched the Ralph Nader safety concerns concerning assembly practices in plant concerning the "F" car. There were a few from his group in the early 1970's.

8. High Country Z

High Country Z Veteran Member

I find that story hard to believe. In order for this to happen the car would have had to pass QC at the factory, then the dealer would have had to let it go that way, and the buyer would have had to accept it that way as well. I can't believe any one in business would let that happen, because of the safety liability involved.

9. 70COPO

Dec 28, 2003
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Original owner said he ordered the car and accepted it because that was the way it was built - so he left it alone. I was skeptical too at first but the owner had all the paper on the car from day one.

10. High Country Z

High Country Z Veteran Member

I can't even see that car passing annual state safety inspection.