Looking for correct upholstery for 80 Z28

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by ric28z, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ric28z

ric28z Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Newcastle NSW
    [​IMG] Hi Guys

Long time since I've been here, have the total resto of my 80 Z28 on the to do list but other things keep getting in the way, slowly gathering up parts I will need and now looking for seat upholstery.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for correct upholstery for this model, has cloth seats with 2 colour insert at top of seat and extending down the rear. So far just finding plain cloth uphostery which could work if I could also find the material used in the stripe and have it sewn in
    Thanks in advance

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Not sure what color you're looking for but I have the camel colored correct cloth interior for 1980 Z28. It is new and never been used. Sounds like you might be looking for Berlinetta seats?

3. ric28z

ric28z Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Newcastle NSW
    Yep, sorry, forgot to mention, has black interior, just struggling with trying to insert image, can't seem to figure it out

Pretty sure its Z28, VIN 1P87H AL517109

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    The Z28 was available with a number of different interior options. The cowl tag should help you with finding which one yours has. The interior codes are on the tag.

5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Deluxe cloth interior had the stripes in 80 and 81.
    I believe PUI has the stripes but their fabric is different from stock.

You can remove the stripes from your current seat covers, flip them over and have them sewn to new covers.

6. ric28z

ric28z Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Newcastle NSW
    Thanks guys, will take a look at the cowl tag, not sure where that is located but a quick google search should find it. Actually have the build sheet here somewhere, I found it stuck under the passenger seat some years back when I was fixing a broken spring. Now where did I put that ???
    Still trying to get the insert image thing working

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  7. ric28z

ric28z Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Newcastle NSW
    Finally got the image thing sorted. Couldn't link it from google images so ended up loading it to my website, should have done that in the first place.
    Thought about recycling the old stripes, and may end up doing that, they are in reasonable shape but a little frayed on the edges.
    Is the anywhere that I might be able to purchase the material or is it long discontinued ??

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
  9. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Call Legendary Interiors. They wiil have it.

10. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    image.jpg

SMS in Oregon, for nOS. for kicks I pulled the 1980 Pontiac fabrics, doesn't look like they had the same? Pompey cloth?