Look what i got for $50!

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by MEAN79, Aug 12, 2009.

1. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I went to home depot to get a part for our shower and saw it for $65 since it was Huskys old version I guess. but I talked to the floor guy and said it didn't have the key. he told me the bottom had one. but I said i only wanted the top. so he knocked it down to 50.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought it and took it to the car. then went in and bought the bottom for $90. didn't have room in car for the bottom. so they put it in the back. And I'm going to pick it up in the morning.

feel a little bad about pulling one over on the floor guy. But I'm cheap and like to save money:crazy:

2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    That's just MEAN 79! lol. Good deal

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

SCORE!!!

Love the color!

4. Camaro1976

Camaro1976 Veteran Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Valders, WI
    Green looks good!

I was going to get a craftsman box, went to look at them but the quality was just crap. Bad drawer slides, no liner included, etc.... Went to menards and got the clark gold/black box, liners included, labels, and i notice it has the same bearing badge that yours does. I got a really good deal on all 3 pieces too

5. Mr.SS

Mr.SS Veteran Member Gold Member

Aug 10, 2006
    NS.
    I wouldn't feel too bad, Home Depot can afford it. ;) Besides, if you told him you would buy both pieces if he knnocked the top down to $50 I am willing to bet he would.

6. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    ^^^ True. Plus I figure that we spent about 12 grand at that store in the last 10 months. So they have made money off of me

7. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

good deal.

Take the lock out and bring it to a locksmith, a replacement should be less than ten bucks.

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Unless the key is still in his pocket. :eek: