London Sports car meet

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by chevy-stu, Mar 23, 2009.

1. chevy-stu

chevy-stu Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2007
    london-england
    Here's a few pics of an informal meet that I attended yesterday in SW London. Mostly for serious exotics but allsorts show up.. I was as usual the only 2nd gen... My pal was there with his modified 3rd too....

Some pics here:

super clean C3 vert vette..
    [​IMG]

very rare Jaguar XJ220..
    [​IMG]

Lotus corner....
    [​IMG]

probably the most mad car made today, Ultima GTR with chevy power...
    [​IMG]

Gorgeous TVR Tuscan...
    [​IMG]

Favourite shot of mine to date....
    [​IMG]

More pics and vids here:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=65&t=666600&mid=46469&nmt=Virginia%20Water%202009%20PICTURES%20/%20VIDEO'S

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I Agree! That closeup Camaro shot is great!
    Got anymore of that car overall?

Would be great to see and include in my screensavers!

3. Brown`77Z28

Brown`77Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Yeahh show us some more Stu :confused: :bowtie: :crazy:

4. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    Wow, more great UK cars as usual!!! Gotta love the army of Lotus Esprit and Exige.

The XJ220 and Bugatti Veyron are essentially the only sought after cars I can think of that I've never seen and inspected in person! I'm impressed! :D

5. chevy-stu

chevy-stu Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2007
    london-england
    XJ220 up close is quite impressive you can see all the group C endurance racer influence in the design, there's a good two feet of nothing behind the engine & gearbox, just bodywork and the rear diffuser..
    There were two Veyrons at the last meet I didn't go to in Feb..

(Hey Gary, haven't you got a corner carving Z-28 to put back together ??)

6. chevy-stu

chevy-stu Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2007
    london-england
  7. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    LOL..... what this one? :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Shhhhhhh!!! :crazy: I haven't revealed it anywhere yet, including my progress thread since I'm a month behind on it! :shy: Hey what better place to reveal it than the International section!

The picture is from this previous Saturday! Note the door locks and center caps were missing in action there, I've got lots more to tweak once the rain subsides. Oh and new seats from Germany.

8. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
  9. chevy-stu

chevy-stu Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2007
    london-england
    yep, bought another one with no engine, and transferred my gearbox/engine/transfer box and full brakes and suspension into it. also added a boost controller and custom 3" stainless exhaust.. and it's white !!!

Your's is looking sweet !!!!

Be great to get it finally done.. how's it feel with the new wheels brakes suspension etc.. ?

10. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    Thanks!

White VR4 wagon sounds cool! I want pictures of that....

Oh... and the Camaro... its insanity!!! :eek: I kid you not. Having all that power and not having been able to utilize it with the old suspension was mad! Now that I've done everything from spherical bushings too fat rotors at once its insane. The only time I drove it during the whole project was right before SFCs/G-Brace installation and after, so at least I can tell you those made a huge difference ontop of everything else.

Lets just say the stability at.... um.... shall we say, extrodinarily high speeds is like that of a Lamborghini compared to its previous state. :innocent:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009