License Plate Security

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by SMCZ28, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Use large aluminum rivets, the same ones used to hold window regulators in. How often do you take your plates off?

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well every year for me , a new registration year decal on my plate as I've got also a lic plate frame

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    just regular phillips head screws... stainless of course... after installed simple use a 1/4 drill bit and drill out the x .... when you want to remove it.... simple keep drilling till the head pops off. Then get your handy vise grips and remove the rest of the screw.
    REMEMBER .... you oonly need 1 ;)
    give them the other 1 (or 3) .... but that tag aint going unless you drill that 1 screws head off!

4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Who here uses a razor or knife and slices there registration decal on their lic plate so it only comes off in smaller pieces

5. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    When I lived in PA it was common to put the new decal over the old one. It was easier to peel off the newer sticker from the old sticker, than to peel those stickers from the plate. I tried to peel the original sticker off and it started pulling the paint off the plate.

6. SMCZ28

SMCZ28 Veteran Member

Jun 15, 2010
    United States
    I usually take the sticker time of year to take the plate off and clean it and remove the old stickers with a razor blade and clean behind the plate.

7. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I did an Authentic plate, picked up a nos pair at the Swap, it had a 78 sticker on, never needs renewing. Lifetime. Put the plate on forget it. I do have an extra MI 1978 sticker.

8. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    simply stack t he stickers.... my OLD NC plate had prolly 16 stickers... we never changed plates!!!