Lawn Tractor Project

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by dirtmod08, Dec 6, 2017.

1. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Well, I just took an old lawn tractor on partial trade for the Jeep, and I went to a mower salvage guy after work to get some parts for it - proper fuel tank, proper front tires, and a few other things to fix the crap rigging the guy did to it.
    Bought a used battery, two matching front tires, metal fuel tank, and an ignition - everything I should need to try to fire this thing up.
    [​IMG]
    Funny thing is, I found a pair of back tires and a metal pan seat for the old Craftsman tractor I've been playing with. I've been trying to figure out what kind of tires to put on the back to give it a "hotrod" look. I shake my head wondering why I'm doing this, lol.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    Current: since I found a Craftsman engine, new front tires, rear tires and seat pan I found tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rscamaro73 and 71RSLS like this.
  2. ManwithNoName

ManwithNoName Veteran Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I really like the Wheel Horse. I actually have that same lawn tractor. Mine is in just a little better shape, I still use it every week.

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    To finish it off, you need to put removable wheelie bars on it. That way you can take them off if you need to pull something.

71RSLS likes this.
  4. dirtmod08

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I miss having an old piece of iron. I'll get the Wheel horse running with a good tune-up and new belts this weekend, the Craftsman is going to take some fabrication - it's just a toy that I'm not sure will be useful. I originally bought it to drive around a campground with a case of beer, lol.

5. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    I have the same tractor as well, It came with a 12 hp engine, I swapped in a 14 hp engine, took like 20 mins, lol
    I just mounted up the snowblower on it , I'll post a pic from my phone

6. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    New Boston, NH
    Rat rods, love it

7. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Whith my house came an old craftsman 12 hp tractor. Love it. I've been fixing it for a year, I don't cut my own grass so I use it to work on the property. That's a cool tractor, what brand is it? I also got all the attachments, one is a plow, but the shoes are missing, I can't find them. Any ideas? I wonder if your guy would have them?
    Mine had huge slop in the steering, turned out it was a plastic PC they use in it. Wtf
    Hot rod that up, that is sweet.
    Ever see the deer that was built for Rick from cheap trick? I'll try to find it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  8. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I never liked the green and yellow, lol

9. dirtmod08

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I actually found an old 12 hp Craftsman on Craigslist real cheap, I'm not sure what it will take to get to the point of starting it, or how long it will be.

10. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    IMG_2890.JPG IMG_2896.JPG Here it is
    I repainted all of it

rscamaro73, 71RSLS and Zstar like this.