L78 Camaro Registry

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by THNDER, Jan 2, 2006.

1. 70-SS/RS-L78

70-SS/RS-L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Phila area
    Most people never even notice the length, they are the shorter replacement handles GM and vendors sold, the guy who skinned the doors probably never even noticed they were shorter or just didn't care. 64vette is that your trim tag? That tag and rivets are sending up red flags and are good reason to start looking further. Like the VIN tag rivets, hidden VIN, and the engine and trans stamps.
    Mark

2. 64vette

64vette New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    My trim tag is real and original with car , the guy that posted the fake one is obviously a fraud , I posted my Canadian build sheet , that is Certified from GM Canada. All of my cars the real deal .

3. 70-SS/RS-L78

70-SS/RS-L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Phila area
    Well that's good to hear, that looks like a nice car you have there and that trim tag has obviously been tampered with. I would love to see some underhood pictures of your car. I would be nice to see some pictures of the red L78 also. curious to see if it is my old one, Now that car was a roach, someone before me put a 400 turbo in the car but it ran like a raped ape. Make sure you register the car and if the red one is real that one also. Thanks....
    Mark

4. 64vette

64vette New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Yes it is real with GM docs . It was a prairy car , still 4 speed , I will put pics of under hood & undercarriage soon , carb is getting full restoration, should be done this week .

5. 64vette

64vette New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Hello , I recently purchaced a L78 & a buddy of mine bought one as well from the same collector could you email me regestry form , we are in Canada & your email doesn’t work . Thanks R Kopp

6. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    1970 outer door handles are 1 year only. I believe 1971-up are shorter.

The picture of the L78 cowl tag in post #247 is a fake, the characters are to crisp.
    Here's mine for comparison...
    Scott's L78 cowl  tag.JPG

7. 64vette

64vette New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    The stamping on my cowl tag has outy numbers , when I get back from Scottsdale , I’ll post a pic . Mabe it’s a Canadian thing ?