KRABBEN1s 72 SS

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by krabben1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Well,with all I had to do to that bracket that scoggins dickey sells,Im still not happy with it.
    I got it all in and back together,but I had to lose my two grease seals on the bellcrank.
    They absolutely would not fit,even after bending the bracket towards the block until it would bend no more.
    Disgusting that they sell a bracket that they never field tested.
    I wound up putting in two thin plastic washers at the frame side,and nothing at the block side.At this point,Im hoping the bellcrank will just work properly.
    It seems to at this point.

2. krabben1

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Drove the car for about 45 minutes today.Everything seems fine.
    Put a little extra room in the clutch pedal this time.

3. krabben1

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco
    Guess I got it,lol.
    Been driving it for an hour and a half at a time and it's shifting fine.

4. Kitchen58

Kitchen58 New Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Franklinville, NY
    Wow- very impressive. I'm old enough now to remember when these cars were in really nice shape without being restored. When I was younger (back in the 80's) a couple of my friends never thought twice about butchering these cars up.They were just used up hot rods so the abuse just continued. My old one was solid as a rock when I sold it around 1990 and from what I have been told it was pretty beat up and rough by 2004. A motor fire did a fair amount of damage I was told and rust had set in pretty good. Past owners told me they would not sell it because they were going to restore it but of course they never did and just kept beating on it, and then it was sold. It kills me to hear about what has happened to it.I am glad there are people restoring these cars and care about them now. Don't end up selling your car, after all that hard work you will regret it unless some one comes along with more money than brains. Again - nice job!

5. krabben1

May 16, 2007
    ( . Y . )Delco